*RUMOUR* Movie Megatron's head design changed?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Shaun_C, Oct 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I have to stop reading (new) Movie threads. Just don't care anymore. All is just theory anyway until the Movie is released.

2. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'll just wait till the movie comes out. But, I'd like to see a more recognizable look to the movie TFs, but I'm sure they'll do a great job on whatever they come up with. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see a TF movie based on the G1 designs or the classics designs, but that doesn't look to be the case here. Maybe they'll plan a 2nd movie where the TFs are reformatted into more G1-esque designs. Wouldn't that be cool? Then we'd be able to have our cake and eat it too! We could have those wicked looking movie designs we've seen so far, then we'd get a later wave of awesome G1 looking stuff as well!

3. The Phazer

The Phazer Well-Known Member

Of course it would. Changing Megatron's head a little bit is not exactly a massive change.

Seriously, this is completely meaningless. Megatron's head was only a tiny part of the problem of a completely ill-concieved whole.

Phazer

4. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

:rolleyes2 

Since you want to be smart, the ONLY reason I posted this was because of Don's reply. Which gave me the impression that something has been said that shouldn't have been. That and I posted it for discussion's sake

5. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Meh, I could care less at this point.

I could have lived with the old design, as long as the movie is fun...

6. MC Rap Throne

MC Rap Throne unknown member

News Credits:
    Who cares? The rest of his body is still ugly.

He'll only look good in the 2nd movie, if the 1st goes well anyway. If he transforms into an alien jet, it means he won't take an earth alt-mode in this 1st movie.

7. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

*Sarcastic IACON*

Horrayyyy to Murphy..... :rolleyes2 

*IACON stops being sarcastic*

8. deymasc

deymasc Well-Known Member

We can wish and hope, but I don't think we'll see anyhting close to G-1 designs in any future films. That's a dead issue. We as fans can bitch and moan 'til the cows come home, it's not going to happen. Plus in all honesty those designs are outdated and wouldn't look right in a movie. Now I could see it working if they have a scene where they're taking on earth modes, and they "test" out the design, and someone makes a comment that it's dated and they move on to pick a more current design.

9. Random Autobot

Random Autobot Soviet Kanukistani

I don't think changing the head slightly is going to make him look any less like Sauron and Treebeards love child.

10. IACON

But still, they could have used the more 'updated' look of the Alt/Binals line.
    But guess what ? Mr. Bay doesn't care about the robots, it is basically a story about a kid and his first car.

I mean seriously, if they had made the choise to go with the looks of Alt\Binals both in robot and alt modes, I can guarantee that a major part of us 'Nay-sayers' would welcome it with open arms. But reality dictates otherwise.

11. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Put two and two together people. We did not see one leaked image about the CGI movie designs. Paramount and the movie powers that be are showing us the designs to get feedback.

Now not much can be changed with cars and general overall appearance but I garuntee the heads will all be altered.

I will niether confirm nor deny anything about megs head and everything I have just said is my opinion not fact;) 

Thanx
    Transbot90210

12. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:

Just curious. Have you considered the fact that you need rights to do things or you get sued through the roof?

Just a question is all.. And before you get smarmy and reply that they got the rights for ALTS. Hasbro having rights to make a toy does not give paramount the right to use said toy desing in a movie.

Thanx
    Transbot90210

13. The Phazer

I think he meant the Alternators aesthetic of being able to tell what the robots turn into from their robot modes and being more humanoid than clawed spikey McFarlane-esque monsters is more what he meant than literally putting the Alt designs on screen.

Which would work extremely well, as the Citroen adverts proved beyond doubt.

Phazer

14. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I liked the design we saw. I'll be interested to see if this rumour is true.

15. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Fact and opinion are not synonymous.

16. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    About the Alts...i see what your saying about him meaning the visual look to them.

But come on people after 22 years of generally the same thing (excluding Beast era) are you not ready for something new?

I know I am and although I agree using Alt designs would be a garunteed positive reaction from fans aren't you at all curious to see how the new designs function when in motion?

To add the Alts work because there is an engine missing from the toys. I dont think they would relate 100% into 3D realistic movie character.

Thanx
    Transbot90210

17. Ironhide546

Ironhide546 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think those Citroen ads are the worse example of a Transformer. Its a skeleton of pipes, magically held together and jointed, with thin sheets of armor. Thats what happens when you make a Transformer out of parts that already exist on a car. Even Binaltechs have huge robotic forearms and legs that dont look like real earth car parts, but are still there. But what these have in common is that they basically ARE their alt mode.

Taking movie Bumblebee, he's using a total rearrangement of car parts mixed in with cybertron mechanisms to form a robot mode that doesn't look like its still trying to hide as a car, and that looks bulky enough to take a beating. Its simply a further blending and integration of their earth camo.

Why when in robot mode should Transformers look like cars? Their robots, in disguise.... only when in car mode. In robot mode, they probably want to be as much like their original selves as possible.

18. The Phazer

There is nothing new under the sun, and if I wanted to see something that wasn't Transformers, I'd go and be a fan of something else instead.

Only in the same way I'm curious what would happen if I jammed a screwdriver through my leg.

I'm sufficiently good at prediction to guess that I don't really need to test it in reality.

The movie designs unquestionably don't have fully functional interiors down to the exactness of the engines either. Where would, say, Prime's head go if they did?

Phazer

19. IACON

Yes. thank you. I couldn't said it better myself.

20. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

And who's to say it HASN'T been tried IACON? It's been said by the movie people numerously that the blocky designs didn't work. It's entirely possible that isn't a line but a serious statement of that the tried it, but it didn't look right.

Actually, those ads prove nothing as it's like comparing apples to oranges. For one thing, those ads probably didn't have HALF the budget this movie has. And another those ads weren't exactly designed with TF fans in mind. They're just a cheesy 30-60 sec ad to sell a car. Using those ads as a benchmark's putting the bar pretty low

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.