[Rumors-Speculation] Next Maketoys City bot

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by catan, May 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mtmte586

mtmte586 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is 40cm representative of MP size?

2. Turnman

Turnman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Man, a city bots line... don't know if I want to be happy or scared of all the space this big guys could hog.

3. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC Schmuck

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Not at all, mp size isn't a possibility for any city bot (as you're talking something between 72 and a 100+ inches tall) so only classics scale toys of various sizes can ever be made. Even gen metro despite his size is still classics scale and only really works "perfectly" with stuff like wst figures and other super tiny toys.

4. deaculpa

deaculpa Seven Star Fist

News Credits:
    when you think about "city" mode, no one would really fit inside generations metroplex at classics scale.

to me, the bots would scale closer to the little things MT is including, which is like the size of the tiny scale figs that came with FPs Assaulter. in fact, i think ill use those with this guy.

another weird way of looking at it: MP ultra magnus can carry more MP cars than Gen Metrolex can carry classics cars. defo not classics scale imo.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

5. mtmte586

News Credits:
    So, city bots should be at their own size. Can there be some kind of standardization? Fortress Maximus, Scorponok, Trypticon, Metroplex, ...

6. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    Trypticon. It's a no-brainer. He's had a prominent role in the video games and (in his perma-ship form) the Prime cartoon. A city/ship/godzilla mode seems well within the realm of MakeToys' expertise. I'd be shocked if it was anything BUT this.

(Obviously a Metrotitan recolor of this Metroplex would probably come first... I mean the next original mold)

7. deaculpa

deaculpa Seven Star Fist

News Credits:
    i have a feeling you wont feel shocked by this....

[​IMG]

8. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Could you provide some confirmation of this? I imagine many will be interested to see it.

Grazie

9. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    Personally I'm sad. Apparently we're going to get a half-dozen Metroplexes and Scorponoks (both official and 3P) before we get a single Trypticon.

No Trypticon toys since 1986--he's WAY overdue, more than Omega/Metro/Scorp combined.

10. ^o^CORVUS^o^

^o^CORVUS^o^ You call on me to solve a crooked rhyme

Ebay:
    Hi! Welcome to the Transformers fandom, where apart form the new MP line, we don't really do standardized scaling.

11. DarkPrinceofKaon

DarkPrinceofKaon Formaly known as D'POK

Ebay:
    This! ^ THIS 100% .

Beside Trypticon's place in the fiction due to his appearance in the cartoon, his appearances in both the "War for Cybertron" and "Fall of Cybertron" games should make this figure a must have for many!

I don't know about you guys, but he's been on my top five most wanted-yet-to-be-produced figures for the last half a decade or so now. Yeah, Well over due, indeed.

And the thought that many of these city-former projects could tank, and even sink a third party along with it, if the project fails gives me an uneasy feeling... I would HATE for us to miss out on our chance to get a perfect Tripty' because of poor sales on these upcoming projects.

Come to think of it, these guys should just make 3p Metroplex that combines with a pair of Necro-Titans and their 3P Scorponok that all combine into a 1/1 scale Fortress Maximus so they can all get it out of their systems and we can move on already. :lol 

Come on, bring on Trypticon. Me and David can't be the only ones!

12. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    Honestly, if Trypticon was the next guy, and they teased him shortly before release/at release, I think they'd move a ton of units on account of the number of people who'd want a Metroplex/Trypticon pair.

Like me. Dinosaur kaiju with a city mode and, god willing, a Nemesis mode instead of the G1 mobile base mode, would be amazing.

13. Jehsee

Jehsee Well-Known Member

Trypticon...meh. Maybe if they gave him a bot-mode.

14. aww_jazz

aww_jazz Active Member

Fortmax and Scorponok all the way !!!! Way way more iconic and can sell tonnes !!!!! Fully articulated Fortmax with a good cerebros is not that hard to do !!!!!! Metroplex is way more complex in terms of making all modes looks good !!!!

15. Oshboggy

Oshboggy DeceptiCobra DeathAdderCon

I'll throw my lot in with David Hingtgen, D POK and General Tekno. Trypty dino would be awesome and would also push me into getting their Metroplex. I'm still a bit on the fence for Utopia, but a matching pair with a good-looking Trypticon would probably cause me to pull the trigger on both.

16. mtmte586

News Credits:
    ^ Package deal as long as they are the same height.

17. Zambot

Zambot Pixarian Artobot

News Credits:
    I like the dinobots because they turn from Dino into robot, but a toy that goes from Dino to a base? Booorriiinnnggg! Sorry, I hope Scorponok is next, I personally will not plunk down 300-400 bucks for a dinosaur base.

18. deaculpa

deaculpa Seven Star Fist

News Credits:
    Buying two third party city bots is a bit much for me, I can't justify it and don't have he space either.

19. DarkPrinceofKaon

DarkPrinceofKaon Formaly known as D'POK

Ebay:
    Lez see, What's the score?

Jehsee needs a bot mode, which is a reasonable request, up until you realize that it already needs to turn into: A base, the Nemeses, and Godzilla. Gunna' be hard to wiggle in that Bot mode without sacrificing something else...

Zambot's board and Deaculpa just ran out of space. Got it! At the price that something like this goes for you really had better love it before you commit because the last thing you would ever want is $300+ dollars of "Meh" arriving at your door. :lol 

And to: David, Techno, Osh, and all you guys who chimed in in favor of support of a third party Trypticon: :thumb 

20. Dr. Killinger

Dr. Killinger Plastic Surgeon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Trypticon with a bot mode would be awesome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.