Rumors on new MP

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by xueyue2, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    This seems it may be a good source based on the TakaraTomy mall cassette leak. Worth a bumb and to note that if this list is true, we are down to only the following deluxe cars missing from the 84-85 lineup:

-Mirage
    -Jazz
    -Hound
    -Skids

Skids is not going to be held up by any issues outside of maybe popularity. The other 3 may have issues, but we just don't know. Hound is the least likely to have issues, followed by Jazz, by Mirage. I have always said Mirage was the least likely car if there is such a thing.

2. alldarker

alldarker M.A.S.K. Crusader

News Credits:
    Why would Mirage not be likely? As far as I'm concerned, he's a generic '80's style racing car, and even his sponsoring / colors are less specific than, say, Wheeljack's Alitalia coloring. I know he's based on the Ligier JS-11, but it's the alt mode that's easiest to 'fuzzy-up', unlike for example G1 Drag Strip's Tyrrell P34 alt mode.
    I guess Takara's biggest issue would still be with (non-Japanese) Porsche. They've already succesfully deealt with Mitsubishi for their Fuso brand, so I'm guessing Hound would be pretty easy to have licensed (unless Jeep wants a cut), after which I'm guessing Skids / Honda is also relatively easy (considering it is a Japanese company).

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
  3. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mirage is so likely, if he didn't have any problems they would have done him already. They led with all of the easy race cars and supercars.