Rumored Cybertron REPAINTS

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Eric, Jan 24, 2006.

1. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    http://www.insidepulse.com/articles/46042

Source: Insidepulse.com and ChErikS of TFW2005

2. Nerd Bomber

Nerd Bomber Consulting your needs

booooo!

3. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

I dunno about that list. I think there is some misuderstandings or else some outright false info there. Aren't the new G1 redux toys supposed to be coming out in August? If that's so, shouldn't the last wave of Cybertron be in march or so?

4. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    1) We already know the Cybertron lineup right up until June from Entertainment Earth. And that doesn't even include Menasor, Quickmix, Deluxe Unicron or Primus yet.

2) We don't even KNOW yet what these "Classic" things are going to be. Therefore I highly doubt that Hasbro would discontinue Cybertron that quickly and launch a new main line.

Lest alone the last wave of Cybertron being released in March. Seriously.

5. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

The pre movie filler line (that's looking more and more like the G1 redux) shouldn't be out untill next year. It's only supposed to be a six month line, between Cybertron and the movie line.

Armada Op? I'm guessing Bendy Prime, rather than Super Pants. Wonder if he'll be remolded for a planet key.

6. Super_Megatron

Super_Megatron Twitter: @Super_Megatron Administrator

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Keep in mind that this is a RUMOR and not an official announcement.

7. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Redecos of:

Scourge in Aug. My source hopes it will be the Skylynx Lucky Draw color scheme, but my guess would be a Nemesis Prime/Scourge deco Doubtful, if we get a repaint of Scourge, i don't think it'll be Sky Lynx colours, isn't Hasbro not allowed to use repaints that Takara have done exclusive, or with significant changes to the paint apps? either way, i don't know if a Scourge repaint will sell that great....

Giant Planet Minicons in June. We were promised new Minicons with Cybertron, so these might be them. An interesting idea would be to make them almost normal sized TFs to reflect their "Giant Planet" origin. These also might be redecos of the Destruction Team with Metroplex's color scheme, like their Japanese counter part Megalo Convoy's Minicons.

More minicons makes sense for Giant Planet

Ransack in June. This may end up just being the white police special that came out earlier in Japan.

Repaints are inevitable, but why follow Japan again? there's plenty of other things he could be repainted in.

Scattorshot and Brakedown in Aug

Armorhide in Oct

if it's Huffer then maybe...otherwise there's not much else i'd want

Skywarp and Red Alert in May. Sky Warp we've seen already is a redeco of Thundercracker. The Red Alert IS the one form the Convention club website.

So, do we know if Red Alert's a Decepticon or Autobot?

Unicron and Armada OP in July. Unicron will be a deluxe figure they showed off at Botcon this year, but another Armada Prime?

We saw hints at two more Armada retools - Prime is a good choice, love that mold, but who'd they paint it up as? A G1 homage?

Sept Hot Shot, Crosswise, and Landmine will either be redecoed or re-released... this was unclear in the plan. Hotshot is being re-released twice. Once as Excellion (Hotrod color scheme) and another time.

Perhaps the second Hot Shot release is Doubleclutch....pity really, no need for three of that mold, it wasn't that great...unless they decided to retool it. Why would they re-release Crosswise and Landmine? Landmine was a slow seller, and would make sense to be a Consutucticon, so something useful.

Blurr will either be redecoed or re-released in Oct

Armada Retool Blurr to be repaint? i don't know if that should/would happen....these were already repaints....and it'd be the fourth release of this mold (although second retooled)

8. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

Hey, I can dream, can't I? I love the Bendy Prime mold. Getting one with out the minicon post sticking out of the roof, would be just about perfect. :) 

9. Sonscreen

Sonscreen Casual TF collector<br><b><font color=#FF0000>aksm TFW2005 Supporter

Hmm, I wonder if the Scattorshot is the little one or the big one being repainted?

10. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

Brakedown, Ransack and Armorhide repaints sound promising... but I'm not liking the 3 HotShots thing... a repainted Landmine figure would be fun, I hope it happens. And why no Dirt Boss repaint yet?

I'll wait for real pics and official info before passing further judgement.

11. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

If it is the deluxe sized one, the Armada final battles scheme would be nice. I always thought that Prime looked good in those colors.

12. Starscream NZ

News Credits:
    they were alright, but i'd hope they they'd made a new head for it too, just like the other four got...even if it's a black repaint and made to resemble something like Trailbreaker....or Ironhide....something other than another Prime...

13. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

I like this mold so I will get the recolor whatever it turns out to be. I however would like to see it in orange and white as G1 Afterburner as that is what I thought of when I first saw it. It would also save me the trouble of repainting one myself.

14. Starscream NZ

News Credits:
    i also like the mold, i'd think a possible Wreck-gar repaint would be quite cool, although unlikely. Or, keep with the police theme, paint it blue and white, call it Prowl.

15. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

No, don't call it Prowl. The Last thing we need is another Prowl to add to the 1000 others. Same goes for repainting Landmine as a constructicon, please, no more.

If you must repaint new toys, please either make entirely new characters, or (if you MUST do an hommage) do an obscure character, like they did with Repugnus. If you want a polic-type Ransack, wouldn't Groove be a much better choice? At least it would be original...

16. Blastwave

Blastwave Well-Known Member

I hope Cybertron Classic isn't Cybertron figures repainted to look like Classic figures... and I'd just like to add that Skywarp looks more like Cyclonus with that paint job

Unicron's not coming out until May of next year? Aww man... I hope we at least get to see pics at this year's Botcon...

17. Starscream NZ

News Credits:
    the only reason i said to call it Prowl was because we always have a Prowl in a line, so, why not have him as a motorbike this time? :D 

18. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Well they won't be Sky Lynx and Police Gasket versions. Maybe similar for Ransack, but I don't think they'll go near a Lucky Draw color scheme. The Hot Shot is more likely a CD Hot Shot redeco than a regular one, since we've already got the regular one coming out in 2 months or so.

19. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

That sounds like it could be right, maybe the other Hotshot repaint is a repaint of CD Hotshot, to fit the colours of Excillion (In other words, Cybertron Defense Excillion?)

20. Starscream NZ

News Credits:
    i hope to high heaven that the CD team are repainted into Decepticons, they NEED the firepower. Having Jetfire and Red Alert repaints aren't going to help them look as evil as the CD will.