Rumor: Transformers: Cyberverse To Debute Late 2018?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by SilverOptimus, Sep 29, 2017.

1. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Disclaimer: As recent past showed, Hasbro Studios is known to make sudden changes to schedules. Therefore, the following info may change.

I got to know some tidbits:

Hasbro Studios will be presenting their 2017/2018 TV Lineup to prospective broadcasters around the world as well as potential license holders at this year’s MIPCOM Junior Convention as they do every year.

As I found out, Transformers: Cyberverse is not on the list. So, I’m guessing we won’t see it until late next year (if we consider that 2017/2018 means mid 2017 to mid 2018).

First Hasbro pushed Bumblebee movie to the end of 2018 and now it seems Cyberverse is facing the same situation. Come to think of it, end of 2018 does make sense as Hasbro can push the series with the excitement for the Bumblebee Movie.

We still got a couple of weeks until the convention, so things might change. But right now, there are no immediate plans for the series. Hence explains the lack of presence during the recent conventions including their own Hascon.

Robots In Disguise is not on the list either. Which is understandable considering the show comes to an end in few weeks.
    Highlighted for early next year are My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic and a new show called Littlest Pet Shop: A World Of Our Own.

LPS is listed as developed by Boulder Media Studio.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Awesomepow

Awesomepow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hmm.

3. HerlyRan

HerlyRan All Hail Optimus

So sad……Does that mean we have no cartoon or movie in the first half year of 2018……?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ismaeel Kamal

Ismaeel Kamal Active Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    If this is true, this will at least present me an opportunity to explore other Transformer continuties, although I hope the wait for Cyberverse is worth it.
    The only thing I don’t want Cyberverse to do is have 11 min episodes, because that would limit story telling.

• Like Like x 2
  5. AirjitzuRonin

AirjitzuRonin Member of the Bee Team

How so?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ismaeel Kamal

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I believe that 11 min episodes affects the pacing of the show in a bad way, and would lead to character development being rushed. For shows that have either a small number of characters, no need to have an established continuity or are primarily a comedy show, then 11 min episodes for shows are fine; none of these, in my opinion, really apply to Transformers.
    Also, none to shows prior to Cyberverse, as far as I know, have had episodes with such a short time frame, and if episodes do run for 11 mins, I’m worried how they’ll be able to write a meaningful story for each episode, or have an impact on the series.
    Furthermore, I don’t believe ‘less is more’ in this instance.

• Like Like x 2
  7. AirjitzuRonin

True

• Like Like x 2
  8. SilverOptimus

News Credits:
    Seems so, unless the plans change. Judging by the merchandise from RID still coming in for 2018 as well, it seems as though Hasbro is waiting for shelves to clear up.

• Like Like x 2
  9. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Hey, at least it's not as bad as the wait for RID. Let's not forget, after Prime ended, it was well over a year before this show started.

10. SilverOptimus

News Credits:
    Yep, I remember. A year and 2 months. I think a Chinese site aired RID first in December while US received it 3 months later. Which made me wonder if Cyberverse is aimed at December 2018 too. Sounds about right, considering the Bee movie release date. RID will be over in mid-November and a year wait for Cyberverse. I highly doubt Cyberverse will air in Spring considering that Hasbro Studios is not actively promoting it for the first half of next year.

• Like Like x 2
  11. AirjitzuRonin

As long as we don't have to wait too long for Cyberverse and the show is good. Judging by the fact it and RID are aimed at the same age group and I liked RID despite being over that group by a long shot, I hope I like this. "Focusing on characters and their mythologies" is kind of what RID ruled at. As long as each character doesn't learn a ridiculous lesson. Have lessons make sense for the character and not be cringe. I hope toy reveals are just as fun as RID's

Also, I'm glad RID's toyline will continue next year. There is so much more I need. Selfish jerk I am. I need those
    Radioactive Camos for Steeljaw's Pack. Please Hasbro!?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ismaeel Kamal

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
  13. Slingshot

Slingshot Headmaster

News Credits:
    I pray that Cyberberse airs November 2018 - March 2019. If the show airs 4 years after RID's premiere, that would be really cool. I just hope Steeljaw makes an appearance, that way they could continue the trend of him being Bumblebee's nemesis.

• Like Like x 2