Rumor: Titans Return Deluxe Wave 5?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Hoffman, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Briefly the owner of KB Toys

News Credits:
    I REALLY hope so...along with retooling Skullcrusher into HorriBull, Twinfire into Fangry and finding a way to get us Squeezeplay.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Starfire22

Starfire22 :D

News Credits:
    Squeezeplay would have to be a new mould. No question.

• Like Like x 1
  3. SgtLemon

SgtLemon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah we definetly need a new Titan Master Squeezeplay, like wave 3-4 Titan Masters are so good. I'd think it would just be a retooling of Repugnus.

4. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

I'd prefer Misfire repainted from Topspin.

Looks like I'll finally get a Windblade. Be nice if they repainted Kup as Crosshairs.

Flywheels from Megatron. He needs a body!

• Like Like x 3
  5. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    Yes! This so much.

That is why I was hoping Wave 5 was the rumored Slugslinger, Misfire, & Crosshairs. Hopefully Slugslinger & especially Crosshairs happens in Wave 6 now.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Starfire22

Starfire22 :D

News Credits:
    Who says we cannot have both Misfire out of Topspin and Twintwist?

7. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    LOL, I updated it already!!!! :D  and i'm not saying it was aliens...

seriously though, all the prior "Sketchy Asian Social Media Rumors" were indicated with the "take with extra salt" designation on that thread :) 

8. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    this rumor, which states he is a Triggerhappy retool.

• Like Like x 1
  9. drmick

drmick Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    While i do think Wolfwire is a repack, there is a tiny possibility it is a placeholder name while they wait to make sure they can use another name for a redeco, e.g. they didn't have the trademark for Carnivac when it was published.

10. MWG

MWG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, this wave could be interesting. Topspin coming to complete the Jumpstarters would be great. Misfire would at least have my interest. Could take or leave Windblade, just depending on what she looks like (never really paid any attention to media she appeared in, so she is just "there" to me). Maybe they managed to fix the breakage issue on Weirdwolf, they did fix issues on T30 Waspinator and Skids and re-release that wave months later (and I think Waspinator was available again in the Arcee wave, that was the last wave in that line).

Anyhow, it is disappointing to still not see any 1988 Headmasters get full size updates, but I could see them being held back until a year that we get a Titan Scorponok. Nothing to prevent them from revisiting gimmicks like headmasters or combiners years later now that those gimmicks have "perfected" for modern toys.

I could see the last TR deluxe wave being Crosshairs from Kup, new Cyclonus (main problem is the horns on his head, but just make that a helmet that can serve as a mini-vehicle for titanmasters like Blurr had or part of the vehicle mode) and Iron Apex (if it was planned for one of those box sets and enough parts of it exist already).

+-MWG-+

11. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    And the CW re-release of Motormaster in w4 with the fixed hips

12. ExVeeBrawn

ExVeeBrawn You Are Out of Range

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    There's really not. In cases where a name has had to be changed because of trademark reasons prior to release, that's either known early enough that the entire project goes with that substitute name, or the solicitation is written as whatever they think they're going to name the toy because at that point it hasn't finished making its way through the legal department for the necessary checks. So if they were making a Carnivac, if they don't already know for certain the name is unavailable to them, they'll prepare the info assuming Carnivac will be the name.

The most likely outcome I see is that it is just a straight up reship of Weirdwolf because it's the mold that hasn't been reused already that makes the wave meet cost. They might not even have a pre-existing plan to recolor the mold. As much as we count on reuse being a normal part of the line, once in a while a mold just doesn't - not at regular retail, anyway. 2013 Orion Pax, Arcee didn't get a second use in the Hasbro line, though Nightbird "counts" apparently, based on comments on other molds. Sky Lynx didn't get reused except for an "exclusive" boxset. Wolfwire might be this line's equivalent of that practice.

There's no harm though in hoping that as a bonus, this run of Weirdwolf might not have a fragile hinge if someone figured out that was a thing and it could be cheaply corrected in the toolings.

• Like Like x 1
  13. oansun

oansun Well-Known Member

Sorry that I have to ask, but what exactly are the Speed and Stength box sets being discussed?

14. WheelWave140

WheelWave140 Hate's not cool, dudes!

News Credits:
    The last unconfirmed thing from the Transmissions podcast rumors. They're supposed to contain one Titan master, two deluxes, a Voyager, and a leader supposedly.
    The figures inside are supposed to be Nautica, Voyager Optimus, Fastlane, Wingspan, Diaclone colored Magnus, a new deluxe godbomber, Tidal Wave, and maybe some others.

• Like Like x 1
  15. oansun

oansun Well-Known Member

Oh like the G2 gift sets and such, but with new figures. Sounds kind of weird but I like it. Thanks for the info, hope it's about $100

• Like Like x 1
  16. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Repaint of Sixshot as Quickswitch, I think?

17. dirtweed

dirtweed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No worries mate all in good fun.

That Sketchy Asian rumors list has gotten me thinking. Perhaps this is the start of something new, a change in the what Hasbro is doing for repaints/retools from what Takara is doing repaint/retools of, as some of the names on that list like black Zarak and Blood are clearly Japan characters/names. Maybe we see something similar to what we saw in combiner wars with rook, blast off, alpha bravo, strife, groove ect. Something like Hasbro retools triggerhappy into misfire but takara retools topspin into misfire. Hasbro retools kup into say firestar but takara retools kup into Crosshairs. Hasbro repaints hotrod to say moonracer but Takara retools hotrod into night beat.

• Like Like x 2
  18. SparkPlug24

SparkPlug24 Named after the Mini-con, not the Witwicky.

I've got my fingers crossed on the latter happening. Triggerhappy's legs already form the engines+tailfins of the altmode so what he needs next is retooled arms and cockpit kibble to give Misfire his distinct wide-nosed altmode. The canopy that winds up on his chest could even be retooled into opaque plastic for even more accuracy.

... Although I never really considered this idea until now. It could be acceptable imo, but it makes for a short and stubby space fighter alt-mode.

19. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Would you prefer a Quickswitch or Greatshot retool?

20. drmick

drmick Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don't disagree with your logic there, Chris! But i did say "tiny" possibility, so I could have meant infinitessimally small, so in that case there definitely is! ;) 

Racking my brain trying to think of an example, and I can't! Best I could come up with would be if the original G1 name was now considered offensive a la Slag and Spastic, or if there was some concern in general about either the alt mode being offensive or unsuitable for children, or if the image/likeness copyright was already taken (possible somebody has dibs on transforming realistic looking animals).

A quick google shows there are a few other non-Transformers uses of the word Carnivac.

Yeah, it is 99.99999999999% Wolfwire.......