Rumor: Titans Return Deluxe Wave 5?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Hoffman, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I do understand that each case has a budget. I think Aaron Archer explained this at Botcon one year. The 8 deluxe figures in the case aren't all the same cost. Say each case has to come out to $40 (and I KNOW this isn't a real cost, but it's easy to divide by). Logically, each figures cost should be $5 each. But that's not how it works. Windblade may use more parts and cost $6. Twin Twist may use less paint apps and only cost $4. In the end, the cost of parts and paint on each piece needs to add up so the case is $40. So while Carnivac may not meet the budget of the case, tossing Weirdwolf in again could do it since there's no new tooling and maybe he has less paint than the others. Who knows? Hasbro. But like it or not, cases aren't just haphazardly put together.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So your assertion that she has no story is baseless, since you haven't even attempted to be aware of her story.

That's like saying Prime doesn't have a story, but you haven't watched any of the cartoons, read comics, or seen the movie.

• Like Like x 6
  3. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    From all of my understanding of toy management, yes, this is the case. It can also just be balanced over a year's worth of product. But the general point is true. Each figure is not an island unto itself.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Metal Sonic

Metal Sonic Me

News Credits:
    I know you didn't mean to say Hardhead could be made into BW Primal, but I think you could actually seriously get something resembling Optimal Optimus out of him. Especially since Hardhead has that Apeface fanmode.

• Like Like x 1
  5. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Undersea Warrior

News Credits:
    Part of it is probably that, to kids, there are so few female Transformers of note that it's a clean slate. They've brought Arcee back into the fold, introduced Windblade and Strongarm, and with each new media series seem to mix in a few new characters who either do or do not stick.

I would like to see Nautica, Firestar, Moonracer, etc...but to the wider audience those are likely just as "new" as the actual new characters. And the only way we'd see Blackarachnia would be if they had a way to reuse a spider mold (because I can assure you if you thought GEEWUNN could be unbearable wait until a Beast Wars character didn't have a beast mold).

Windblade was female because that's what fans voted for. Same with Victorion. Windblade seems to have caught on as they converted her limited IDW series into a full on third pillar and have now integrated her into both the media and generations lines. (I wouldn't be shocked if she pops up in Bayformers soon)

So we've got Arcee and Windblade firmly estabilshed across media and toylines. Now the test becomes if they can find anyway to bring in another female character or characters and have them stick.

Victorion appears to be a big part of the IDW Optimus comic. Will she pop up in the Combiner Force season? One disadvantage is it's a lot harder to fit combiner teams into any regular rotation even if they are popular. Who wants to buy a set of Rust Renegades that don't combine? The test there will be if we start seeing individual members pop up in other forms. Does Pyra Magna cross over? Do we perhaps see members of the Bee Team in RiD repainted as Jumpstart and Dustup?

In the meantime, Hasbro will attempt to bring in a mix of familiar and new female characters and see who sticks with broader audiences. I know people are critical of how often we've seen Strongarm in the warrior waves...but wouldn't that suggest Hasbro feels confident in that character that they're including her in EVERY case? When's the last time you saw a Warrior Bumblebee or Sideswipe?

• Like Like x 3
  6. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Same here. She's among my favorite fembots list because she has a lot I like character and design wise. Aside from a few hiccups in the IDW comics and RID15,not to mention how badly she was done in the CW show (Let's be honest she wasn't the only character to get bad treatment in the CW series.) she hasn't done anything truly offensive to warrant such backlash. Maybe Hasbro's been pushing her too much but it's not like she was among the nominees for the Power of the Primes voting session. Same goes for Vicotrion.

• Like Like x 3
  7. MastaBlasta

MastaBlasta Repaints Galore

[​IMG]

If they ever make a TR Voyager apeface, it would make a nice Optimal Optimus

8. Zenstrive

Zenstrive Well-Known Member

Windblade from Highbrow?
    and Weirdolf repacked?
    I was hoping for Starscream from Triggerhappy
    and I wish Skullsmasher is the one repacked, not Weirdwolf.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
  9. spartan 3764

spartan 3764 Yellow ♡ TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't buy it, but I'd buy it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Starfire22

Starfire22 Zoot Suit Riot

News Credits:
    A nice play on words there.

:D 

• Like Like x 1
  11. transmasterc

transmasterc Well-Known Member

Misfire will be mine. I have him back in the day. I now late grandparents got him for me.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Shackwave71

Shackwave71 Very Illuminating...

So Windblade from Highbrow. Hmm. Did she work out or take cyber steroids or something? "Me Windblade crush puny Starscream!"

• Like Like x 1
  13. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    Altmode wise I can definitely see them elongating the rotor struts into VTOL wings and giving her a sword, but I'm not sure the arm articulation could beat the RID's for sword shenanigans.

And they really ought to do something about Highbrow's limbs to make her more lithe.

14. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Titans Return Wave 4 assortments

The stuff we know product numbers for for Wave 5 (c May 2016) are

Titan Master

C2389 Optimus Prime
    C2390 Toraizer
    C2391 Ramhorn
    ?

Legends

C2398 Cosmos
    C2399 Seaspray
    ?

Deluxe

? Misfire
    ? Twintwist
    ? Windblade
    ?

Voyager

C2396 Octane - Voyager Optimus Prime retool
    C2397 Blitzwing - Voyager Megatron retool

Leader

C2388 Overlord - Sky Shadow retool

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
    • Like Like x 6
  15. Edwardmus Prime

Edwardmus Prime Curious and Creative Man

Windblade's getting another toy? I am actually pretty excited at the prospect because there has yet to be a toy of her that has been up to my standards. I hope she is remolded heavily from Highbrow so I can finally get a good Windblade. The other toys are intriguing as well. Misfire's bound to be cool if he's using that awesome Triggerhappy mold.

• Like Like x 1
  16. grindcore138

grindcore138 Handsome like an F-22

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    OMFG not another Windblade FFS! I've only just recovered from a Hasbro representative showing up at my house and literally shoving her toys and media appearances down my throat resulting in extensive damage to my oesophagus and trachea, which wouldn't've been so bad if she weren't such a Mary Sue or something....

For serious though, kind of an interesting mould choice for her, I wonder if it'll be another straight redeco + headswap or feature some level of retooling?

Pretty darn excited to see Misfire and Topspin.

• Like Like x 2
  17. drmick

drmick Well-Known Member

Well we did get Krok and Chromedome in recent times from the subscription and they have lost the license so don't need to be considered anymore.

18. shamanking282

shamanking282 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So wait, is Misfire going to be an actual retool, like Blurr/Brainstorm and Scourge/Highbrow? Or is he just gonna be another boring new head repaint like Getaway?

19. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    We don't know at this point.

20. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well... it usually means they don't have an immediate plan for them, much like the 07 Seekers, Kup, Scourge, etc. Since club Spinister and Needlenose came out last year, I doubt we'd see them before POTP kicks in. They probably use the 18 month guideline like most of their lines.