Rumor: Titans Return Deluxe Wave 5?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Hoffman, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Its nice to have both of the Jumpstarters :)  Lets hope we get the complete line-up of the Targetmasters too.
    After this we still need Crosshairs, Pointblank, Sureshot, Slugslinger and maybe Cyclonus.

2. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It was an awesome trend, but was also far more appropriate for CW. I can understand why something like Getaway would be shortpacked, and even Quake and Krok. At least they're not filling the cases with the repaints.

3. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    I like the character. She become far more interesting than the original anti-mary sue Scott wrote her as. But i'd rather not have her take the slot of a potential Targetmaster or Monsterbot.

4. Hoffman

News Credits:
    Yeah I don't think they're "trying to make her happen". They introduced her, perhaps oversaturated her at first to get her into the consumer's eyes, and now she's a legit character who probably has some kid appeal.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    Thats understandable. Windblade has become my favorite Autobot and I'll gladly take any retail released deluxe I can of her. But I also want the rumored Slugslinger and Crosshairs to happen to. Oh why won't Hasbro let us have both worlds.

• Like Like x 2
  6. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    me too, my kids love her. My only problem with her is , why cant we get other existing fembots that have never had much exposure get some before making up new ones. I would love to see Elita one or anyone of her crew get the spotlight.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Hoffman

News Credits:
    As somebody who has only been a fairweather TF until recently, I honestly only ever knew of Arcee as a female TF. Even now, the other seem like derivatives of her. I don't blame them for wanting a new unique female character.

8. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I suppose we'll see how much Hoffman's word is worth at NYCC. I for one would love a new Misfire figure.

• Like Like x 1
  9. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    I wonder if the "re-release of Wolfwire" would be more likely to become a shortpacked repaint similar to Getaway, Quake, and Krok.
    Something fairly affordable to put out in stores that doesn't have to sell well, but fills out the case with something new for diehards and puts a unique mold back out there for kids.

Maybe this is the rumored Carnivac?

I could also lift with Windblade being a near straight repaint of Highbrow. She's now a dual-blade helicopter instead of a VTOL? Sure why not.

The only thing that bugs me is this would be the fourth mold or so who could've been repainted into a BW/BM character and instead became a more obscure (or newer) character.

Skullsmasher -> Krok. (instead of BW Megs)
    Hardhead -> Quake (instead of BW Primal)
    Highbrow -> Windblade (instead of Obsidian)
    Wolfwire -> Repack/Carnivac (instead of Wolffang)

Etc etc.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Hoffman

News Credits:
    How would Hardhead work as BW Primal?

• Like Like x 2
  11. motorthing

motorthing Too old for this $hit

News Credits:
    Maybe Hasbro took a shot at fixing the cracking canopy on Wolfy? They redid CW Motormaster afterall with the hip fix - although I suppose different rules apply to cases of Voyagers/Leaders. Otherwise I would agree this was a missed shot to get another character in the Line.

Top Spin and Misfire-Happy are instabought and I'm hitting the knees praying these are true. My most wanted for this Line out of the way by Wave 5 is good news.......for me at least.

I've got a Windy I'm perfectly ok with and really don't want another, or anymore of the Highbrow mold thanks. But two out of four ain't bad.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW SpongeBob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    A new Windblade cool, maybe that the reason why the rumored Arcee is bump down into just a Titanmaster.

13. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Figured/hoped that Misfire would be a slight retool of Topspin. They seemed to have somewhat similar looks.

• Like Like x 1
  14. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    still pretty surprised at wave 4 having 5 figures, and with them wisely going 1x on the 'almost-straight repaints'.

15. artiepants

News Credits:
    those names came from the "Sketchy Asian Social Media" rumors, rather then the podcast Rumors, which aside from the Speed/Strength sets we have yet to hear about, i believe have all been confirmed now.

16. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They make up for it in RID by the new characters getting 1x like Stormshot and Blastwave but Strongarm and Prime need 2x...

17. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    Oops that was two incomplete run-on thoughts.

Hardhead -> BM Tankor.
    Mindwipe -> BW Primal.

One thing to consider is how early in the game a rumor comes. It's possible something that was previously planned was scrapped. Especially if they were going to do stuff like Krok/Quake/Getaway where it's a repaint and a new head and thus could quickly be switched to a different character up to when they create the card art.

Example: Maybe they decided against Carnivac and just dumped Wolfwire back in a case instead of repainting him into anything.

• Like Like x 2
  18. artiepants

News Credits:
    ...and how many waves have those figures been in???

also, re-releasing Wierdwolf makes some sense, wasn't there a revision case of Wave 1 + Wave 2 that dropped the Wave 2 'cons?

19. Hoffman

News Credits:
    Yep.

• Like Like x 1
  20. artiepants

News Credits:
    just feel like they are trying so hard to overexpose her, i mean, how many figures has she gotten in how short of time? (Gen deluxe, 2 different RiD Warriors (<-right, didn't she get 2 molds, or am i misremembering?), RiD Legion or whatever the little guys are called these days, SDCC Gen RiD redeco...)

They seem to be trying really hard at making her a mascot of the franchise without a story to back her up (admittidly, i don't follow RiD'15 and am not up to date on IDW, but she was just an awful non-character her first year in IDW (I thought every other member of her little sub-team was more memorable/interesting) and by all accounts terrible (like everyone and everything else) in the Combiner Wars mini...