RUMOR:New Xbox 'six times more powerful 360.

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by bumblebot98, Jan 25, 2012.

1. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
  2. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

I mentioned this in the Next Gen thread. This is pretty much exactly what I expected from Microsoft/Sony if they wanted to release a new console within the next few years. So yep, it looks like Wii U is in spitting distance of the new Xbox. Have another look at Nintendo's E3 Zelda tech demo: Nintendo Wii U Controller Demo from CES 2012 - YouTube and the Brid/Garden tech demo also from Nintendo: Nintendo Wii U Nature Bird Demo HD - YouTube

Thats pretty much next gen boys! Note that those Nintendo E3 tech demos were most likely quickly put together and running on early hardware builds, the most recent Wii U hardware should be even more powerful/should run better by now (the bird demo already looked noticeably better on the show floor apparently). I am sure Nextbox versions of multiplatform games will look a tad sharper or have better shadows or something like that, but this is pretty much what we should be expecting from the new consoles at this point. I wonder if Microsoft is going to have anything realtime to showcase at E3 this year, I would imagine they would want to steal some of Nintendo's thunder.

Now its just Sony that is up in the air. I wonder if they are going to let Microsoft and Nintendo duke it out, or if they are going to scramble together a console to compete with Microsoft in 2013 or 2014. Should be interesting.

3. Starfire22

Starfire22 Wall crawling menace!

News Credits:
    They're still going by the "720" in the name? *sigh*

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I was REALLY hoping that the 720 name was just a load of BS...Then again I was hoping that they would finish this next trilogy of Halo games before a new console was made...so, yeah...

5. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

720 is horrible.

it sounds like they wanted to name it 420, but then they thought they'd never get away with that :lol 

well i just ordered a new high powered gaming computer, so i have no interest in buying an xbox. especially since by the sound of it, it will be the same price as a brand new high powered computer.

in fact.

microsoft, why not just come out with a computer, you plug into your tv at this point?

but hey. i will keep an eye out for it. it might be cooler then it sounds.