RUMOR: Jurassic Park toyline returns to ToysRus this June?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by netkid, May 9, 2009.

1. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    I only played that arcade game once but it was awesome. Now I want some JP dinos :( .

2. 0R10N P4X

0R10N P4X Banned

News Credits:
    Coincidence, I watched all 3 JP movies recently. I certainly wouldn't mind a 4th one, it's a good franchise.

3. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    Man, I could really use to get back the big T-rex, and the SUV! And Grant and Ellie and...

4. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

I sold off a lot of my Jurassic Park and TLW items some years ago. Mainly for space issues, but also to try and get some extra cash. I had a lot of stuff, one of these days I wouldn't mind hunting them down again especially if I could get all of the first movie's toyline MISB/MOSC so that I can have all of thoes Topps cards that were made and packaged with them. Somehow all of mine dissapeared except for the Pteranodon one I was using as a bookmark for the longest time and finally found it again inside the book I'd stuck it in.

I kept my favorite dinosaurs though, the original Velociraptor, TLW's re-release of Velociraptor w/Capture Gear, the Coleophysis or however it's actually spelled though I always thought it was Coleophysis, and of course my pride and joy. THE THRASHER T-REX!

If I could get them all back it might be nice, but I'll probably have a hard time finding any MOSC/MISB stuff. Oh well, it's something to look forward to in the future when I have a stable enough income and more room for toy collections.

I too would like to see a Jurassic Park 4, there is so much potential for another great film I don't understand why the idiots at Hollywood have to be dictated by things like Crichton's death or the loss of Stan Winston. Or what have you. If anything a fourth film being made could only enhance the film series. :D  BRING BACK JURASSIC PARK!

5. honcho

honcho BW Megatron Completionist

Ebay:
    Aw man, I hope that t-rex is the original one with a better paintjob. Mine is missing both arms, the rubber broke on the inside of its legs so they're floppy, and I cut a hole in the back of its mouth to make it more realistic so it could try to eat things when I was little; I'd love to have one in a good condition with nice paint to boot.

I still have the Thrasher rex (in really good condition, one leg likes to pop off a lot, though) and the Bull rex (also in good condition). I'm always up to having more rexes!

6. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    FIRST PICTURES! *But only of 1 of the mini-dinosaur 2-packs, T-Rex vs. Triceratops!

JURASSIC PARK DINO BATTLERS : FIRST PICTURES! - JPToys - News

Yes I agree. For the small JP 3 dinosaurs, they really did go a little bit farther and gave us nice paint jobs and even individually painted claws and teeth too!

7. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

I don't think anyone will be surprised to find that the two-packs are simply more JP3 hatchlings, but damn do they look good. Since I've never bought them (although I wish I did when KB carried the Camo ones), I'll pick these up. And of course, still an exclusive toyline, but TRU exclusives are rarely a problem to find.

Fingers crossed that the big T-Rex is not the JP3 Ultra!

8. netkid

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    There's no way in hell that the T-Rex will be that small $20.00 JP3 one.

For the price AND that there's only 1 per box,

It's either going to be the original JP T-Rex, TLW Bull T-Rex, or something entirely new.

Thrasher is unfortunately out since it has no electronics, but if they happen to upscale it and add a few sounds that the previous electronic rex's had, then that could very well be the best T-Rex yet.

Another idea is if they just take the JP3 Spinosaurus and re-skin the entire figure with new legs, arms, and change the internal head, jaw, and remove the spine piece. They could then very easily make an anamatronic T-Rex that way. Plus, for it's size it would also make sense to be 1 per box and match the price listing pretty spot on. They would also have to change the sounds too, but that should be easy since they have sounds from all the other Rex toys.

9. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

I didn't give the price much thought, since stuff over there tends to be overpriced anyway, but you're right, for a figure packed one per case, it's got to be a big one.

10. soundwave86

soundwave86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hmmmm, i hope they're not crappy repaints either. Im just hoping for new molds. I kind of dont see that happening much though.

11. netkid

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Good news everyone! A SHITLOAD of new images can be seen here: JPToys - News

Bad news, they're all repainted JP3 toys.

Even worse news, the Big electronic T-Rex has yet to be revealed, and it does come with human figures which probably bumps up it's price. It might just be the stupid old $20 T-Rex again but with humans and vehicles to justify $60.

Even more worse, the line has been pushed back to be released the second week of August. It seems ToysRus has long term faith in Transformers, and very little in G.I. Joe. Not surprised.

Though I must admit, for repaints, these two look great:

http://www.actionfigs.com/plugins/p...tegoryid=3&p17_sectionid=823&p17_imageid=4881

http://www.actionfigs.com/plugins/p...tegoryid=3&p17_sectionid=823&p17_imageid=4882

12. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh darn...it is rather disappointing. I guess its more or less confirmed that it will be one of previously released T-Rexs. :( 

13. two_hand

two_hand photo addict

i knew it. i knew it.. more JP3 ... sigh

14. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

15. netkid

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Not bad, but I wish either the top or bottom skin pattern would be the whole thing.

I've haven't seen colors fight each other this bad since olive oil tried to mix with balsamic vinegar.

16. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Darn...the colour scheme is too colourful for me! LOL! I rather they kept the colour scheme consistent as in all brown or all green.

17. QuantumShock

QuantumShock Stay for brunch ?

News Credits:
    I always wanted a neon blue T-rex

Oh shi-

18. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Blast you, dude! Don't JINX this line! :p 

19. Deceptikitty

Deceptikitty all about the hasubandos

That t-rex is an instant buy. Do want. I had the same one when I was younger, obviously different colours, but it'll be a nice nostalgia bomb owning it.

20. Aigis

Aigis Anti Shadow Weapon TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Holy crap. I want that T-rex. I've always wanted to have the bull T-rex when I was a kid.