Rumor: Gonzo to do Transformers Heroes animation. Beast Wars team may be writing

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by yami4ct, Dec 6, 2006.

1. General Tekno

General Tekno Lugnut Supremor & Arkivist

News Credits:
    Sounds good to me.

Hopefully Forward and DeTillo get brought on board.

Hey - even Bob Skir told a good story. Many didn't like Beast Machines, but considering the direction he had to work with he still did a pretty good job.

2. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Cool news, if it's true.

Sigma Six didn't really grab me at all, but if the writing team for Heroes is a good one maybe that'll improve things enough. :D 

3. KidDynamite

KidDynamite Do good recklessly Veteran

Twitter:
    I don't know, sounds like wishful thinking to me.

4. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm remaining skeptical, but if this is all true, it's fantastic news.

Cybertron was a very nicely done show, so the animation front should be solid. And Beast Wars was, of course, the most well-written TF show ever. Combine them both and we could get something truly outstanding.

5. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    here's to hoping.

Wonder if that story Bible was one if the things Simon Furman mentioned he was working on but couldn't talk about a while back...

6. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I agree. Amidst all of the hubbub regarding movie stuff, Masterpiece stuff, and all the other news going on, this one really gives me the warm fuzzy. If they can get a decently animated show, and, more importantly, IMO, a better written story done with the same feel as BW, I'll actually start watching TF shows again. I honestly haven't followed any of the TF shows since I tried to watch RID, and I only lasted a few episodes with that.

7. j3

j3 Hampton Yount is my Crow T. Robot TFW2005 Supporter

INTERESTING... The Gonzo thing is no surprise. The Beast Wars writers, could be very cool if true. I wonder who did the bible then.

8. PrimeConvoy

PrimeConvoy Well-Known Member

If this is ture it's wonderful news. Its no suprise that hasbro are really looking to improve the new series and give themselves plently of time to develop it. The Armada Trilogy started rough but by cybertron there was improvement and really if you cut all the filler you have a pretty good story. I'd be happy to see a solid 2D style show this time around, I like the animation of sigma 6 and it be nice to see TF follow the same suit. As for story of simga, im meh about it's pretty good but nothing crazy would of been better if Cobra was winning form the start and the Joes had to overcome them, so I happy to hear (if True) the BW guys might be back. To be honest i'm more ecxited and looking forward to this show more then the movie, so hearing (even if only a rumour yet) that hasbro plans to make a awesome series makes me quite happy!

9. R2Going

R2Going Cybertronian Sentinel

Ebay:
    Gonzo ugh........... This means that they will have overly exsagerated anime mouth movements. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, sucks.

10. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm hoping for fewer, better-written episodes. I'm hoping for toy-accurate animation. I'm hoping the guy who voiced Energon Ironhide doesn't get hired again. I'm hoping for a back-to-basics story arc ala CR/RiD. I'm hoping the movie universe is ignored.

11. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I hope this is true. Gonzo was awesome with Galaxy Force, the style and action in the show was excellent. They have a flair for the dramatic too.

Although my dream come true would have it be done by aeon again, with a big enough budget and timetable to crank out constant cel animation on the level they used for Energon's "special" moments.

What the hell does that mean? Cybertron didnt have any of that.

12. Onslaught Phase 2

Onslaught Phase 2 Know my name and fear it!

^^^^^ That idea is TOO sexy!!!! *faints & dies*

This is good news. I want good stories! And gonzo did a good job with the show when it counted. I hope the voice actor quality is higher though... because that would ruin any good story. :( 

13. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    First Ultra Magnus as a character, now this?!

AWESOME!

14. Steeljaw

Steeljaw Play more games

News Credits:
    ugh no more animes
    there's no room for much solid acting when it's a dub. And there's almost no emotion to the animation.

15. Slappytron

Slappytron Peace through Slapping

A concerted move by Hasbro away from being an toy company and into being an IP company is a brilliant strategy. Marvel has taken off since Spider-Man, and there are HUGE profits to be won from licensing characters to movie, TV, apparel, comics, and any other form of media.

As for the Heroes animation/writing news, both are thumbs up here, but we'll wait and see until a formal announcement is made...

16. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I suppose I can deal with it being japanese animated, though I would've prefered another Mainframe style animated cartoon. I have no doubts that bringing the Beast Wars writers on board would make for an incredible storyline, and I have no doubts that Hasbro wants to make a good story.
    However, my one and only concern is the voice acting. In the American Beast era cartoons, the voice actors did a hell of a job. In the Japanese Armada Trilogy, they used the same good voice actors, and the acting was pretty bad. So I guess I'm saying that I hope it's not a dub, and that the animation is being done to pace with American voice actors so that they can have time to actually ACT.

17. fiire_dragon_88

fiire_dragon_88 Andimus Prime Time

I can't stand those voices, they do like every anime now and they all sound alike. I would like some of the BW voice actors back. As for the animation, I liked what I saw in Sigma Six to a point but hated cybertron's animation, all blocky and such. Hopefully this will change due to the show being run by an american team who know what they want. I'm definatly more excited about this than the movie.:rock 

18. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Please let it be hand drawn animation and not the CG crap from the last 3 shows. And I think the Marvel Comics announcement has me more interested than anything else. The thought of real artists and writers on a Transformer comic is intoxicating.

19. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

This rumor makes a bit of sense if you take into account the fact Hasbro is going solo with the kids line. Without Takara pushing a kids line, that means, no kiddie TF show in Japan. Without a kiddie TF show in Japan, you don't get kiddie Japanese TF show writers.

Uh huh. ;) 

20. blueandwhite

blueandwhite Well-Known Member

Right now, I take everything with a grain of salt. Regardless of the show, I hope the toyline goes in a fresh direction. I was never that big on the hotwheels futurism featured in Armada/Cybertron/Energon. I'm hoping for something that is either very futuristic, or based on present-day earth. The not-so-distant, yet-obviously-inspired by children's toys future of the past trilogy has grown a bit stale. Of course, this is just my opinion.

Above all, here's hoping for some decent writing. Its been nearly a decade since we've had a well-written Transformers show.