Rumor: Gonzo to do Transformers Heroes animation. Beast Wars team may be writing

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by yami4ct, Dec 6, 2006.

1. yami4ct

yami4ct Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    From Seibertron
    "GroundPounder1967 has sent us the following information concerning the 'Transformers Heroes' cartoon series currently in development by Hasbro.

Hasbro has signed off on Gonzo to animate the new TF cartoon. Hasbro has been happy with their work on Transformers Cybertron and GI Joe Sigma Six and wants to keep that partnership going. And like GI Joe, this will be written in the States but animated overseas. (Much like how TFG1 was produced back in the day.)

A story bible was written and has meet with a lot of approval from everyone involved, but no story editor has been chosen yet.

Right now everyone there is excited about the movie, and Brian may well sign off on the idea of hiring one (or both) of the Beast Wars guys to showrun TFH since he knows how good they are at telling a great story, which is his main agenda right now. His primary goal as CEO is to turn Hasbro from a toy company that owns intellectual properties into an IP company that also makes toys, and he knows that quality stories will bring that about. Now that Hasbro is making Marvel toys, look for a renewed relationship with Marvel Comics on that front as well. *ahem*ROM*cough*

We're not sure where this information has come from so we are not able to confirm the story, but it certainly sounds promising."

Yay! This is going to be great.

2. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Old School Snarkster

News Credits:
    I'm not surprised at the Gonzo announcement, I know Hasbro has been happy with Sigma Six, and Gonzo already has a good relationship with CN with IGPX.

It IS surprising to finally start hearing the stuff about Goldner, I had been hearing this from some GI Joe contacts for a while, but nice to see it start to show up in the TF fandom as well.

3. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That would be totally awesome, if true. However, I'm taking this with a massive grain of salt until anything more than "anonymous sources" are provided.

4. Scourge_151

Scourge_151 Never gargle the rum. TFW2005 Supporter

If true then yes

yes

YES

5. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    My fingers are crossed. That team has a posibility of creating a TF show I wouldn't skip on purpose.

6. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    Just as long as the voice acting's done right, and it's not gonna be from Voicebox, I think we'll be fine.

But seriously, the Ocean Group would be a HUGE PLUS to this show. It'd be pretty sweet to have them doing the dubbing. :D 

7. yami4ct

yami4ct Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm taking it with a grain of salt as well, but it would be really nice.

8. Aberration

Aberration Templar Rodimus

News Credits:
    I thought that Production IG (Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex) did IGPX, not Gonzo?

This news sounds a bit like fanwank, but I'd be more than pleased if it's true. I had nearly no problems with Beast Wars' writing, and only minor quibbles with Cybertron's animation. And those may be smoothed over now that the team has some experience doing Transformers, and would probably be doing a shorter American-sized season, so they'd have more time to do things.

9. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    If this is true, it's the best TF related news I've heard in ages.

10. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I really hope it's true. After the inconsistent quality of the recent shows we really need a good team behind the next one.

11. Weremole

Weremole Whack-a-mole Avenger

Yup. Production IG (the people behind Blood and all GITS animation) is behind IGPX.

Anyway. Yes, this would be a dream combo. Everyones gets to be happy. (If there is combiantions involved then extra ace.)

Transforming Hasbro into a western equivalent of Bandai Japan isn't the worst thing in the world. ;)  This sentiment rocks. Salute.

12. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Brilliant, hope it's true. Although I really did not like Cybertron's animation.

13. Nerd Bomber

Nerd Bomber Consulting your needs

A new show at beast wars quality would be like waking up from a 5 year nightmare to breakfast in bed.

14. Heat Guy

Heat Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    IF Gonzo goes hand drawn animation I'll be extremly happy. Some of there past work is just beautiful.
    If 3d, well I can deal with it...

15. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Sounds to good to be true.

16. JoshBot

JoshBot Well-Known Member

As long as they dig up some decent writers this time around, I don't care who animates it.

17. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

forget the movie, this show will probably satisfy my TF entertainment needs.

18. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Cool, but hopefully its not the same writing team as the Sigma 6 show, tuned into a few episodes of it a wile back and wow was it awful.

Now if they brought Bob and Larry back that opens up a whole new dimension :D 

19. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Sounds neat, but I'm not going to hold my breath. Of the stuff I saw in Cybertron, it seems like the robot CGI used could use a bit more tweaking to make it "emote" better. The good writers make this sound promising, though.

20. Weirdwolf

Weirdwolf TFYLP Podcast Founder TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I enjoyed the Gonzo animation in what little of Cybertron that I watched, just didn't like the writing. Hopefully this will be a fruitful endeavor.