Rumble's torso-face?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by WoundSave, Mar 12, 2012.

1. WoundSave

WoundSave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

given the preview for wave five of the Prime RID deluxes - i can't help but notice the very-facelike chest on the Rumble character. I wonder if this is simply a homage to ratbat (? or another character- looks like a ratbat kind of face though) or something that will be explained in the show (assuming rumble actually makes an appearance)

it seems fair to say if Rumble shows up, given this toy and its altmode, he wont be a casette-type attachment to Soundwve as Laserbeak currently is. The face on his chest is very bestial and savage looking- which lead me to ponder- what if Prime Rumble is some kind of fission of the traits of rumble and Frenzy-- ie, he has the piledriver arms (which at least for the toys are likely separate weapons) but also the frenzy-effect and crazed-barbarian mentality of Frenzy- Would make for a very potent lone operative type (and would play nicely on RIBFIR since the eyes are red har-har). The toy look great IMO, very savage and dangerous despite being mostly blue and yellow (the red and black go a long way) - edit looked at the image again after and its not 'mostly' yellow by any stretch, but the color stood out in more in my memory against the black backdrop.

Personally-
    i think that episode 6 loose cannons teaser the legendary autobot will end up being Kup chasing Rumble. Kup is a first rate Wrecker in IDW comics, and his seen-it-all war vet mentality could very easily clash with team Prime on the show. Rumble/Frenzy would also be a suitable reference for a loose cannon. It would also make marketing sense to have them be in a wave together, as people would likely buy them together if they appeared in the same episode (and the episode itself ends up being awesome like im hoping)

2. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Kup is just a simple redeco of Ironhide, so probably not. It might be Ironhide, but most likely not Kup.

3. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Don't look too hard into the face-chest thing. It's just a really common design motif in Prime. Starscream's chest is his movieverse head, Soundwave has Movie Frenzy for a breastplate, and Skyquake's face can be found on Megatron's crotch.

4. Bountyan

News Credits:
    Barricade has movieverse Bonecrusher's face on his crotch:

[​IMG]

5. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
    Bonecrusher hates being someone's crotch?

(sorry)

6. ironjazz

ironjazz Tie Fighter pilot

News Credits:
    when I saw rumbles face I thought cannot unsee

7. WoundSave

News Credits:
    except we are seeing the deluxe Kup first- in an earlier wave, so isn't it more acurate to say that Ironhide is a repaint of Kup? I can see them making the cyberverse commander Ironhide before possibly making a Kup cause Ironhide toys will sell off the popularity of the movies (plus cannonforce Ironhide is red, so the two toys reference each other somewhat ina store aisle).

The verbal 'reveal' of an eventual Ironhide deluxe was in response to people asking if Ironhide was going to appear on the show- to which Kline responded basically that we may at some point, but they dont have plans for it yet (ie- unless they are lying, we won't be seeing him in season 2, and really- when have they ever said NO you will never see that character EVER in the cartoon- they always say "it could happen," it's a better business pratice cause saying no might upset diehard fans of a certain character).

8. WoundSave

News Credits:
    as i said- it may just be a design motif- maybe nothing to do with characterization in the show.

but- who do you think it is if it's just an reference to another character? does anyone else think it looks like ratbat?

9. Bountyan

News Credits:
    No, because we haven't seen wave 4 yet- which could be the wave Ironhide is in. The news post also says Kup is a redeco of Ironhide and we have an Ironhide toy confirmed from here. That combined with us already seeing a Cyberverse Ironhide before any kind of Cyberverse Kup makes it more likely that he's based off Ironhide. Plus, the design looks more Ironhide inspired anyway, with the movieverse style cannons and windshield chest.

10. WoundSave

News Credits:
    speculation.

The News Post that was written by a board member Sol Fury says its a redeco of Ironhide (who we still have not officially seen)- that's a board member jumping to a conclusion, not Hasbro's official statement.

yes- there was never any picture tied to that link- have you clicked this link recently? - there is nothing there any more, hasn't been for a while.

again, just speculation "makes it more likely..' there is also an Ultra Magnus cyberverse commander toy being made, and we already have pictures of Evac and Mirage legions- doesn't mean that we will see any of them on the show.

yes- windshield chest- clearly Ironhide is the only autobot who has one of those....
    [​IMG]

maybe they are giving Kup double hand cannons so he looks like more of a badass. really on Prime since their weapons are internal everyone except Megatron can run around with two guns instead of hands (and frequently does)

i also question why they would bother doing a Kup repaint of Ironhide given that we just had a decent Kup mold in the Generations line. (while we havent had a decent deluxe of Ironhide for a long time) Generations Kup is not hard to get for anyone that wants one, and didnt exactly fly off the shelves- so why would Hasbro spend the money to do a repaint a year later of a character that already recently got a good mold?

Kids aren't exactly lining up to purchase Kup figures, given that he hasnt had any treatment in North American TV since G1. Doesnt it make more sense that Ironhide is the repaint, especially given that we havent actually seen the Ironhide deluxe yet? And again, it makes sense from a marketingg to consumers perspective to release two characters in the same wave if they first appeared on the show in the same episode- it will boost sales of that wave cause plenty of people will buy them both at teh same time. (lol one of them better not be short-packed....)

11. Bountyan

News Credits:
    Still most likely reliable considering it was our first source for Rumble, which was just 100% confirmed.

Yeah, because they're related to the movieverse. Ironhide is a Prime character. We don't know much about the Ultra Magnus toy.

Yeah, because it's more likely they're giving a character cannons that look like movieverse Ironhide's just to make him look badass, rather than it just being based off an Ironhide toy we've already seen in another size class.

Because it works. Pickup truck and Kup-like chest. We also got a Generations Wheeljack toy, but that didn't stop them from making a more G1-like redeco of Que.

12. megatronski

megatronski Primaris

News Credits:
    Too many Faces where they should not be.......... ITS GURRRENNN LAGAANNNN

13. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Cannot Hold Weapon

News Credits:
    Darn you Wheeljack_Prime! Now I can't unsee that!

Lol.

14. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    ^thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis! To the heavens!

15. WoundSave

News Credits:
    not the best example in the world considering it never got released IIRC, the original mold itself never hit the US, so i doubt we will see the g1 wheeljack repaint unless it's like asian exclusive or something.

16. Bountyan

News Credits:
    My speculation is just as good as your speculation.

Sure he is. That design hasn't showed up anywhere else except on that Kup toy, so he's definitely a Prime character. Evac and Mirage are different because Mirage is clearly based on Dino and is just a repaint of Sideways, while Evac we already know is based on the movie ride. As for the Jeff Kline thing, you've got me there, but I'll believe it when I see it. I remember reading that they wouldn't reuse character models for main characters, and that Optimus Prime being Orion Pax would be a huge plot point with unexpected twists, but those didn't turn out to be completely true.

Arcee, Soundwave, Vehicon, Cliffjumper, and Knock Out don't have two of the same weapon, the latter four only having one weapon. I still believe that design was made as Ironhide first, Kup second.

Well, they were planning on it before the whole movie fiasco. It's not like they were expecting the line to be canceled.

17. WoundSave

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

arcee's got two

[​IMG]

so does cliff (i double checked he does have two cannons at 3:09 in the first episode), IIRC we've never seen soundwave's integrated weapons (if he has any), Knockout either, his staff is not a paired weapon true, but like soundwave we dont know if hes' even got onboard weapons.

Vehicons- yea- speculating that we havent seen them turn both hands into guns cause it keeps their threat level down in the show- they always just get trashed by autobots anyways. Like Stormtroopers in the original movie, can't hit anything but the wall. I wonder if so far in the show they have only ever fired with their right hand?

just curious- were there ever even pictures of that deco? I dont really recall ever seeing any.

does anyone have the skyquake/megatron crotch images handy, cant seem to find them.

18. Bountyan

News Credits:
    Derp, we're talking about the TV show characters? I thought we were talking about the weapons the toys had, my bad.

And yes, a picture was shown. It's this:

[​IMG]

19. Thinktank

Thinktank Well-Known Member

I just hope they do a Frenzy repaint. It would be a shame to not
    take advantage of the obvious second use for the mold.

20. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    And Crowbar as a chest.