Rumble completes my BT/Alt collection - WHAT NOW?!

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Smokescreen1980, Mar 20, 2007.

1. Smokescreen1980

Smokescreen1980 Well-Known Member

So, Rumble arrived yesterday - and completed my collection.

I now have all the BTs (including Black Convoy); all the Alts that weren't in the BT line (Swerve, Camshaft etc) and the three Kiss-Players.

I feel rather odd. Bereft. I've got nothing to hunt for anymore. No more excitement, no anticipation, no eBay auctions. Nothing. With no more BTs and Alts to come, there's not even much point checking the News and Rumour boards. I'm not interested in the movie toys, and have already got all the G1 I'd ever want.

Just praying, I suppose, that they'll keep the Kiss-Play line going in Japan, but even then it's a vague hope.

Anyone else feeling a little sad for the end of the BT/Alts? It was good while it lasted, no?

2. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Definitely. Once Ravage and Rumble arrive from BBTS, I will be 100% complete on everything (including variants) from Alt/BT/KP, and it's pretty bittersweet.

I already did my 'mourning' when Binaltech ended, though. For me, Binaltech is comparable to a Masterpiece-level line; everything I could have ever wanted from TFs in one package. I do hope KP continues, simply because I'd like to see these molds continue getting released. Until they come back in die-cast, though, my excitement will remain somewhat diminished.

3. Revolution

Revolution Well-Known Member

:rip 
    It will be a sad day.
    Like when the last BT was released with Nemesis Prime BT-17.

Alts/BT were, in my opinion, the best transformers released (If i lump MP's in that category
    We do have MP's to look forward to.

Do you have any pics of your entire collection in one shot?

:thumb 

4. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    Whether it actually happens or not, I've nevertheless convinced myself that the Alternators will return at some point. I can't remember who said it exactly, but someone from Hasbro mentioned at last year's BotCon that they hoped the movie would draw in more licenses for the Alternators line, subsequently hinting that they could continue. Fingers crossed.

But I know what you're saying. Come April, I'll finally be caught up on everything TF related that I collect as well. Now that I'm done with Alt's, Classics and whatever miscellaneous old/reissue G1 stuff that I decided to replenish, all that's left for me is MP Megatron and Revoltech Megatron. Thankfully there's still a bunch of upcoming Titaniums that I'm looking forward to, so that'll help fill the collector void a bit. But beyond that, it's going to be a whole lot of sitting & waiting for the movie stuff to run its course... none of which I really plan to buy based on the toys & size classes we've seen so far.

5. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

You could always get into kitbashing, but otherwise I don't have any words to comfort you with. Hopefully they make a post-movie return.

6. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Masterpiece Megatron?

7. Banshee

Banshee MvC2 online! woot!

Well, you don't have all the ALTS, I guess you could start there.

8. dasaffe

dasaffe Morrissey Fan

I feel the same way, the Alts were all I've been collecting and I'm sure once I get Ravage and Rumble I'll start budgeting for the ones that got away (Grimlock, Swindle, etc.).

9. Shipley

Shipley No Topic Required

News Credits:
    Time to go outside.

10. Smokescreen1980

Smokescreen1980 Well-Known Member

Are you kidding? In THIS snow?

11. Rabbit

Rabbit Weary

Except for Alert, didn't buy any of the Binaltechs. I did get Kissplay Rodimus and Autolooper but everything else I have is Alts. Every last one of em. I consider my collection complete.

It's a bit...odd not having any more to look forward to in the forseeable future but it's a relief to my wallet.

12. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    I have all the Hasbro Alternators except Rumble and Ravage2, never bought any of the Binaltechs due to lack of funds and didnt see them as being different enough. I've considered getting Alert cos I like how he looks, but I've heard QC is low on him, and I kinda want Rodimus but cant currently afford him. It's my favorite line too but luckily I collect other things to fall back on

13. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    kinda sad they never did a proper van mode with ironhide and a trailbreaker truck with cab :( 

14. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    Don't even get me started about that :) 

I'm so desperate for the remaining G1 Autobot characters that I'm almost willing to buy 3 Prime's to be repainted into Trailbreaker, Ironhide & Hoist, an extra Prowl to be repainted into a proper Red Alert (the Binaltech version doesn't cut it), an extra Hound to be repainted & customized into Brawn, and couple of extra Jazz's to be repainted into Bumblebee & Cliffjumper. It would look repetetive as hell with so many of the same molds, but I *need* these characters to finally be apart of the Alt line.

It's just too bad there aren't more molds to choose from so as to make a reasonable looking Huffer, Gears & Ratchet as well.

15. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    this is what i was lamenting in my homage thread actually. they had the opportunity to do trailbreaker but opted for nemesis :( 

sure nemesis sells better but kinda sad they forgot abt trailbreaker :( 

16. Clutchburn

Clutchburn Swollen Member

Ebay:
    Poor Trailbreaker , he's been denied twice, once by Swindle and now by the token Evil Optimus repaint.

17. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    now i know hes not that popular a character but cmon! he was from the original 84 line up AND he was the only truck among deluxes.

ratchet and ironhide gets more pub than him and they share the same mold, wtf.

give TB love already.

18. Crimson87

Crimson87 Senior Member

I'm kinda feeling the same way as you. When I first saw Smokescreen and Sideswipe in stores the shear WOW factor started me down the ALT/BT/MP line. (Thats when I showed up here) I even got a spare Nemesis and rollbar to make into a trailbreaker, a bunch of reprolabels to do RedAlert/Prowl swaps, and more reprolabels to update the looks of some of the bots. Now that the ALTs and BTs are ending and I have all but the last two I kind of feel like there is nothing more to look forward too. I just wish the rest of the season 1, 2, & 3 bots could have been done and that the line would have expanded to jets and military like was hinted at 2 years ago at bot con. Very sad day..... very sad indeed. IF the ALTs start again, i'm kind of worried that when the movie ends it'll be in the crappy asthetics of the movie for the missing characters. That would be a tragedy.

Never had any intrest in the main line kiddy stuff. Same pretty much with the upcoming movie. Classics are also finished. Maybe its time to retire the wallet. The unfortunate thing with this is I'll no longer have a reason to visit the boards daily any more.

UNTIL ALTERNATORS RISE AGAIN......

19. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    dont forget Rollbar bwahahaha :ev: 

~*doesnt give a crap about trailbreaker*~