Ruination

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by grimlock1972, Jul 26, 2009.

1. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    how would you rate this combiner? specifically the desert camo version

thanks in advance

2. DJ Soundwave

DJ Soundwave Action Figure Master

he's a Great Figure.

3. Slimaximus

Slimaximus Headmaster

News Credits:
    I personally have the urban camo version and he looks F'in sweet

4. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    i have every version except encore and g2 and i love it...its my favorite...even have the KO mini version and the KO oversized version...

as far as the demo camo version, its one of my least favorite color schemes...get the urban camo one if you can...its infinitely better...

5. grimlock1972

News Credits:
    thanks for the opinons please keep them coming

6. KingGrimlock

KingGrimlock Assuming Direct Control

supposedly the encore version sucks

7. AMG

AMG Old School

Very solid, can't go wrong with picking one up.

8. eisen

eisen "CUT ME SOME SLACKS!"

why isn't there a universe ruination repaint yet?

9. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Best versions:

1. G1
    2. Urban Camo
    3. RiD
    4. Battle Gaea (spelling?)
    5. G2
    6. Desert camo

KOs
    I really that Waqon Soldier set too. Similar to the RiD...

10. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, its a g1 mold, so it obviously doesn't have the crazy articulation of todays bots. But I'll be damned if it isn't one of the best and most fun molds from that time.

11. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    desert camo version was the one released prior to the encore version, so it suffers from the same level of mold degradation. I have the urban camo version that came out before the desert camo version, and onslaught can barely even stand on his own, because his legs keep collapsing.

12. blue death

blue death TokuNation Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i have to say that i have the desert camo version and mine suffers no mold degredation. i love the hell out of him!! i think that color scheme is just amazing

13. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    mold degradation is a problem with the mold, so every toy from the mold has the problems. it is impossible for a single toy to come out "perfect" from a degraded mold. with the bruticus mold, and you having the desert camo version, it's not possible that you got a figure that was made before the mold was in bad condition, since it was already going to hell with the urban camo release.

now, you may not be aware of the problems, not see the issues as real problems, or you got a figure that was assembled a bit tighter than others. but I assure you - the defects are present. the degradation of the bruticus mold is very well documented.

14. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I have RID Ruination (the first version of the mold under that name), and the mold is really great. It's also the best deco of it, imo. Mine doesn't suffer any issues from mold degradation. For a G1 mold, it's not all that bad. A bit blocky, but that's to be expected.

15. blue death

blue death TokuNation Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    well i can tell you for a FACT mine has no issues. there are no loose joints, no misaligned parts, no flash of plastic on the seams. im not so ignorant that i wouldnt notice things like that. i can assure you mine suffers no problems

16. T-Logicon

T-Logicon assembles the drones

I have all 3 of the Ruinantion Bruticus figures, and color wise the urban camo looks the best. All 3 have various issues from the long life that the molds have had. I am disappointed to see that the molds themselves havent been re-tooled or repaired for the new encore edition. As far as Ruination, urban camo definitely.

17. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    well, I wasnt calling you ignorant.

just saying that anyone having a perfect desert camo ruination is kind of impossible. the mold was going bad for the urban camo release. the desert camo version came after the urban camo. they didnt fix the mold up for that release, or they sure as hell would have fixed it up for the encore, which is in far worse shape the urban camo version was in.

most of the set's mold degradation is in sculpted detail becoming softer, less defined. hard edges becoming slightly rounder. you're saying it doesnt have flash issues. okay. I believe you. its 100% possible that that's a problem that developed late in the desert camo manufacturing run, or just happened with encore.

loose joints are an issue that can happen from figure to figure. we see it all the time. just because mine has loose joints doesnt mean yours will, for instance. but they become more likely the more a mold is used.

But the softening of molded detail and hard edges that are present with the urban camo version of the figure, I guarantee that every last desert camo ruination has. even yours, whether or not you're willing to admit it. because thats how molds work. and yeah, there are alignment issues I know yours has.

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/toys/universe/megaoctane/1267/1/1/
    see the front of the truck? the fingers? it's degraded. yours has that problem. I promise. look at the original.
    http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/toys/g1-1986/onslaught/1280/1/1/
    the fingers have a lot more definition on the original release that hasnt survived through later uses.

look at the legs here:
    http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/toys/universe/megaoctane/1267/1/40/
    there's a crack between to two parts because the edges have lost definition. you'll notice the outer parts of the legs dont line up with the inner parts of the legs at the top where the black upper legs slide down into them. again, look at the original.
    http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/toys/g1-1986/onslaught/1280/1/49/
    no crack between the two halves of the legs. the parts line up flawlessly, as well.

yours may not have the crack, but I know it has the alignment issue mentioned above (visible at the "knee"), because thats an effect of the engraved cavity in mold for that part actually changing size over the years.

your desert camo Ruination is not perfect.

18. Nemesis_Dirge

Nemesis_Dirge Banned

News Credits:
    Mine frankly sucks ass out of the box...when you lift up ruination the leg with rollbar on it (swindle) drops down since onslaught's leg will not lock into place like it did with no problem on the orignial....not a deal breaker but definitely not a problem on my original onslaught TF....i agree...the urban camo and desert camo versions have lots of little nappy issues here and there...

19. grimlock1972

News Credits:
    well i still like the mold and at the price im possibly going to pay for it it will by a fair margin the cheapest way for me to get my hands on the set and its complete as well and asi collect on a budget its a way for me to get a G1 mold at an affordable price

20. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

I own the RID version, and it's perfect. The plastic quality is a notch lower than G1, but there are no ruined details and other things that are normal with mold degradation.

Colorwise, the best version is Urban Camo Ruination, hands down.