Ruin is...

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Wreckgar, Dec 1, 2005.

1. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

Anyone reading Adventures of Superman since Rucka took over has been on a rollercoaster ride of "who is Ruin?"

Finally in yesterday's issue, it was revealed. So bear ahead. SPOILER ALERT
    Professor Hamilton.

WTF? I haven't collected Superman since the Electric saga ended and started again with Turner's story. What happened to Hamilton in that time where he went from Superman's main S.T.A.R. ally to his worst enemy? It makes no sense to me.

And furthermore, what's with DC turning all their heros' friends into enemies. Max Lord, Hamilton, Dr Thompson, Jason Todd, Diana's assistant. It's a trend that's really starting to wear thin.

2. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I guess Rucka will explain it next issue..........I liked this issue. The ending was really tense. I hope Pete doesn't bite it.

3. Primal

Primal Moderator

News Credits:
    Goes back to the Gangs of Metropolis story arc where it was revealed that The Overmind was Prof. Hamilton.

Prof. Hamilton said he was being influenced by his robotic arm, which was upgraded with B13 technology. However, when Superman destoryed the arm, Hamilton escaped... leaving it unclear as to whether or not he was really being influenced.

Source: Superman Homepage

4. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

Im hot and cold as far as ruckas writing goes. i thought ruin was pete ross.

5. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

That was the perception. Apparently Ruin has done everything possible to Ruin Superman's life. He influenced Lois Lane's murder attempt, he framed Ross, he kidnapped Jimmy. I think it's an awesome read. Probably the best Supes story in years.

And I feel the same of Rucka. Loved his Superman run, liked OMAC, didn't care for Wolverine.

6. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

I like OMAC, I couldnt stand some of his superman, the unconventional warfare arc was decent, until he heard lois getting shot halfway around the world. which didnt make sense at all. i didnt even think sound travelled that fast.