Customs: Rubbery Plastic Care Question

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by AnimatedFan, May 3, 2009.

1. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

Before I continue here, I must say I have no idea where to post this question, and I did search for a thread like this, but have yet to find it. So, if I have missed it, I apologize in advance, and thank you for directing me to the correct thread. If this is in the wrong forum, feel free to move it to the correct one, or if need be, you may delete it at your discretion.

Now, without further ado...

By now, everyone's taken a good look at the pictures of ROTF Leader Class Optimus Prime. Everyone's also noticed that in some pictures, his smokestacks (made out of said rubbery plastic) are starting to bow (and look like they might fall over as time progresses) and he's not the only TF figure to have that. The TF07 Optimus has the same type of plastic used for his smokestacks, Armada Skywarp has that head...crest(?) thing, and TMII Megatron has a softer and even weaker piece of the same mess used on his beast mode head horns.

Now...my question.

Is there a process, product, or mixture of the two that would allow you to straighten and firm those pieces up either temporarily for a longer than normal period of time (such as having to touch up a clear coat, or a paint chip when the moment arises type of thing) or permanently?

I'd dearly love to know this so when my Optimus arrives, I can make sure he doesn't get those saggy smoke stacks. (It drives me nuts looking at those pictures...)

Thanks!

2. turboedguy

turboedguy minibotologist

News Credits:
    On the smokestacks, you can probably drill a hole down the middle, then glue in a metal rod.

3. Rhinox555

Rhinox555 Insert clever joke here.

Good idea. Though drilling a hole in rubber without having it tear might be tricky.

4. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was going to suggest the metal rod too. Idk what else you could do other than replace them all together.