RTS Windcharger second-hand selling

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Magnus12, Nov 27, 2011.

?

what price should rts windcharger be selling at now?

1. $50- hey he was selling at that price before, why not now

4 vote(s)
    3.5%
  2. $30- It's still a hot toy

9 vote(s)
    7.9%
  3. $20- Not everyone has 5 belows by them, so there still pretty hard to find

35 vote(s)
    30.7%
  4. $10- Cost plus shipping

63 vote(s)
    55.3%
  5. Other- (write opinions)

3 vote(s)
    2.6%
  1. Magnus12

Magnus12 Well-Known Member

So, there has been a lot of talk lately about rts windcharger after he was stocked at five below. Some people r still selling him at high prices to cost prices. SO what do you think is a fair price he should be sold at

2. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Now here's a topic that can spiderweb into many different directions :D 

3. Magnus12

lol yes :D 

*added a poll

4. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sorry man, your going to pay whatever their asking price is.

What is fair? I dunno

RTS windcharger | eBay

10-14 bucks after shipping? Why is everyone after this figure again?:inquisiti 

5. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Peace through Tyranny!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Well, I think its because hardly anyone had it, and now with all the reports of him showing up, there is a rise in interest again, with people getting hopeful they may own one.

Myself, I was lucky to buy 8 of em. Already traded 4 of em away on great trades...so its worked out great for me and the guys that traded with me.

As for what its worth...well...its only worth what it is to the person that desires it.,

6. Yaujta

Yaujta Broken. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I bought several extras to sell to locals that were in need, as was asking $5 each. I was going to ship one for $8 total. Selling it for more, now that it's at Five Below in such high numbers is borderline scalping. Then again who's at fault, the seller or the buyer?

7. Billzilla

Billzilla Skeptic

News Credits:
    Think it's generally kind of lame that people are acting like they struck gold and buying out all the 5Belows they can find, but who am I to argue with the market? If they can move them, they can get whatever people will pay for them. I'm hardly one of those people that think making a profit is wrong but I think there'll be quite a few sad people with Windcharger in their BST for quite a while.

8. Magnus12

figures great! :) 
    although idk y people were buying them 4 so much lol!

9. Magnus12

Actually u have a great point!
    Sometimes the buyers get in a heated bidding war cause they can't find something. I guess this is y ebay prices end up so much higher than they should be :) 

10. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

I bought up whatever stock of Windchargers my Five Below had with the sole intention of selling them at cost and shipping. Believe me, I'm actually trying to help people out.

11. MWG

MWG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I paid $25 for two shipped and don't regret it (still waiting for them to arrive though). Windcharger still isn't anywhere near as available in the U.S. as most of the other RtS stuff, so there is still a feeding frenzy going on and the stock at 5 Below stores isn't going to last forever. I think prices will go back up quite a bit by January if he doesn't show up at other stores in fair numbers.

I actually voted for $20, but I think between $10-20 is fair for now.

+-MWG-+

12. mikenoynoy

mikenoynoy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    "Satomiblood thank you," for your list.
    "JamesBenjamin thank you very much," for selling me WindCharger.

13. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    $10 I think is good given you'd have to go out and find one of the stores, and chances are you hopefully grabbed at least two. (WC's a simple, yet very nice scout. If you have one, you *should* put it in your collection.)

$15 is alright I suppose... I mean gas and time are money afterall.

(Truth be told, if there isn't a fiveBelow w/in a half hour of your home, it's probably more worthwhile to just shell $10-15 if you want him. Save the time and gas... really.)

I think $20 is pushing it...

Oh and friendly reminder... you see anyone selling it for 25$ or above... go to BBTS or TFsource and grab the United 2-pack featuring Windcharger and a Decepticon repaint of the same mold. Chances are it'll have more paint apps too.

That said, I found a couple WCs... but I'm holding one for the collection, one for a kitbash (if I ever get around to it >_<) and a third for trade fodder.

14. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    I traded with a guy for mine 2 deluxes for 1 scout, but at the time he was on eBay for 40 bucks a pop.

If I were to sell him ( and I have contemplated it) I would at least want what I have in him

Which is the price of 2 deluxes. More than likely he will be turned into tailgate, after my united set shows up

But I can't honestly say that I would pay that again knowing it may still be found at retail

15. dsn1014

dsn1014 41:75:74:6f:62:6f:74

I was able to get my hands on two for others, I think in trade a toy is worth a toy within reason. Plus the bonus of giving a fair deal is the hope I might get one back someday, even if its just hope lol. I think 10-15 is all he's really worth.

16. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    I took four of these to Botcon, I felt fully justified trading them / selling them for $50 a pop for the effort I went to flying them over from the UK. For once it was nice for UK collectors to have an upper hand after years of limited distribution, higher prices and obscene shipping charges.
    In the end though, I just gave them to four good friends I have made over the years on both coasts of the US, that was worth more to me than the money.

17. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I sold 5 here on the boards last Saturday for $10 a piece. They lasted about 10 minutes.

18. Schide

Schide Buyer of Too Much

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What price should they be selling at now in the secondary market? Well, like anything on the secondary market, whatever price it should be selling is the average price it is selling for, that is, what people are willing to pay for it. That's it. It's not the price that you think you should be able to buy it for, or the price that you think people should be listing it for, but the price that it is currently going for.

If some people are buying Windchargers at 5 Below and selling them for cost + shipping, then hey, that's great if you can get one. But if someone is trying to sell them for $10 or $15, then they are perfectly within their right to try to sell them for that amount, and yet I have seen people getting bitched at for doing this. And I've seen way too much of that lately. Sometimes it seems like anybody who finds a nice deal around them and wants to make a bit of a profit is labeled a scalper and scorned by some. That's too bad. And now I've lost momentum so I guess this post is over.

19. Yop the Yopper

Yop the Yopper Banned

This is a great post but unfortunately people get too emotionally worked up when people want to make a profit off of their collecting habits.

20. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    $10 bucks top + plus shipping.