RTS Wave 2 distribution

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Alucard77, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    I have been collecting since December and maybe I was spoiled. During Christmas and January I was able to find everything. But now it seems like everything has come to a hault.

I wanted to ask the more experienced here. Is the RTS Wave 2 distribution normal. I am in NJ, and we barely had 1 store that had a spotting of RTS wave 2. Is this normal? I know we east coasters get it near to last, but it seems a bit excessive that we still are not seeing anything.

So is this normal with distribution, or is this a bit much?

2. ssancho

ssancho Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I live in NYC and have yet to see RTS period so count yourself lucky to see any.

3. PowermasterJazz

PowermasterJazz Well-Known Member

I live in NYC too and I haven't seen any wave 2 figures either.

4. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    haha, I haven't seen any, the sightings section had them. There were places in NY in the sightings site that also had them. But like 1 or 2 stores at most.

5. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    A lot of stores are sitting on their current stock, for whatever reason. I wouldn't be surprised to see this continue until movie merch starts shipping.

6. 009*

009* That Guy In Nebraska

News Credits:
    I was lucky and was able to find wave 2 spread out between a couple targets. Now if only the legends would come out.

7. 420bot

420bot ******

Just wait til March and I bet you'll find all you need, I'm betting It's figures like Warpath that will come out so close to the DOTM toyline that he'll be truly hard to get.
    I live in IA and I just found Kup, nothing else at all though, but I realised that the people who are finding the new ones in stores this early are pretty damn lucky. But on the flip side if it is the middle of March and you still havent seen shit, then I'd hit the panic button. Also, keep in mind that I've personally noticed that RTS has been selling really well where I live b/c all I see anymore are BIS sets and Fallbacks, and there slowly going too. Honestly I'd been stressing about the new ones until I found Kup, now I just know they'll be here eventually.

8. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is about usual for this time of the year.

9. MisfitRobot

MisfitRobot Robot Fighter

News Credits:
    up in Northern California I still have only seen generations wave five. witches is Thunder Wing and Cliff jumper. Even on the West Coast were getting bad distribution

10. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

I live in NJ as well (609), and it's not you - it's the state. These figures aren't anywhere. I've even gone over to Langhorne, PA, and checked their stores. The Target that's over there has nothing newer than Thunderwing and Dirge. I ended up getting the ones I wanted from a collectible toy store.

~Z

11. tomigaoka

tomigaoka Well-Known Member

your got Kup in IA? hmmmm that means they are near in NE... or else im gonna buy at bbts.

12. 420bot

420bot ******

I live in middle IA but I just read somewhere on these boards about someone getting them all (RTS wave 2, ect.) by target hoping in OMAHA. Hope this helps at all bro.
    Also it seems that I'm the first person in IA to get a Kup at a store, lol at least on these boards.

13. nerovolpi

nerovolpi Actively Lurking

we already have G2 OP here in Indonesia, Malaysia and Singapore. along with the rest of his wave buddies.

14. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    I've seen wave 2 once at TRU. Wave 1 remnants linger at Target and it's plentiful at Kohl's. That's it for my RTS sightings.

15. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    In my area, only the Target a couple of towns over got Wave 2. They had everything, but I think that weekend they got picked clean (I got a Wreck-Gar and G2 Optimus myself). They apparently haven't gotten a restock, or if they did, they're being grabbed as soon as they get put up.

The Wal-Marts in my area only got Battle In Space, as far as I can tell.

Wave 1 went to Walgreens and H.E.B. - and those are pretty much gone now, aside from the odd Fallback or Mindset.

16. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    . . . . and even further east in NC we barely get this. Most of my local Walmart stores here have restocked once since Generations wave 1 first hit around June 2010.

17. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    I've only seen Wave 1 at Khol's and K-Mart here. Everything else is still RotF Mudflaps and Generations (although Generations distribution seems ok around here. Scourge/Kup were kinda late though)

18. Jlogano20

Jlogano20 Speed Gunner

News Credits:
    i have seen alot of wave 1 in NY but no wave 2 yet

19. MWG

MWG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Walmarts (regular, not Neighborhood Markets) around me have not had any RtS stuff other than the Battle in Space set. I have heard of people finding the newest Generations waves though. I think it is all the old "yellow box" figures still hanging on pegs, and Generations packages look distinct enough they get ordered. Toys R Us seems to have the same problem, but they usually inventory for the first couple months of the year and might get new stuff soon.

+-MWG-+

20. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think they're waiting for the next seasonal reset. Gives them a chance to push out the rest of the Christmas overstock.

The next reset is due in March, if I'm remembering correctly. So we should be seeing them middle of March, beginning of April.