RTS Turbo Tracks vs. United Tracks

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by cybertron_chris, Jan 4, 2011.

1. cybertron_chris

cybertron_chris Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hey guys,

since I live in germany I only had a preorder for RTS Turbo Tracks - not yet released here. But now after seeing pictures of United Tracks I placed a preorder for that and cancelled my preorder for RTS Turbo Tracks...it was only 9 EUR more...much to pay for a deluxe for all you people in the US ("normal" price would be 23 US-D compared to now 34 US-D for the United Version). But I like the paintjob of the United Version so much more! Anybody with me or can you live with your RTS Version?

2. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'm definitely going with the United Tracks. He's always been one of my favorites and I'll gladly pay a premium for my preferred deco.

3. salmonman78

salmonman78 Mordin, my hero

Eh, I like my RTS one. I can't afford the extra cost of ordering from overseas so I just take what I can find. Granted though I might down the road order the reprolabels for it cause the flames do stink I will admit.

4. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm happy with my 8 dollar RTS Tracks after some Reprolabel love

[​IMG]

Now I can spend my United Tracks money on Megatron:thumbs2: 

5. Mr.ToyFan

Mr.ToyFan Well-Known Member

The Reprolabels are a must have!!! I've just recently turned my RtS Tracks into an awesome Rts Tracks.

6. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I've already got the RTS Tracks but as soon as I saw the improved flame deco on the bonnet/hood I instantly ordered the United version to replace it.

Exact same thing happened with Jazz - the United one has paint apps on the grill and wheels as well as the rear lights so I couldn't not have it.

Anyone wanna buy my RTS Tracks and Jazz..? :D 

7. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

As a fellow European I know where you're coming from on prices and I take the view that if I'm paying extra for something I'd sooner have the one with the nicer paintjob.........Takara win.

8. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    I'm in the minority, the metallic blue on the United version bugs me... and the flames always made me think of a Trans-am rather than a Corvette.

9. Mr.ToyFan

Mr.ToyFan Well-Known Member

I see that you used an X-acto knife. I was tempted but in the end I just slapped on the whole decal, I've been taking pictures and I can't tell the difference. They are spot-on with the color matching.

10. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's the G1 sticker, not the ones they developed for RTS Tracks.

In Jazz and Tracks' case, I think Takara wins. Jazz gains a bit more striping, but more importantly a good amount of car detailing that was unfortunately costed out of the Hasbro version. The metallic paint job for Tracks actually makes sense, and while I didn't mind the idea of Hasbro updating the flames for their version, the design they went with was too busy.

In most other cases though, I'm going with Hasbro all the way on this. The metallic paint jobs used so heavily throughout Takara's Animated and now United sticks out like a sore thumb, is grossly inappropriate in most cases (the WFC figures looking show-room sparkly is the most egregious), and just raises concerns about paint scratching more than anything.

11. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    For the difference that you are paying, I would definately go with the United Version. I picked up the RTS one cause there is no way I could hold off waiting for the United when the RTS one was on the shelf, but I also have the United one on Pre-order to keep in car mode on my display shelf......I guess with that said, if you plan on keeping him primarily in bot mode, maybe the RTS one is for you since the flames arn't really seen from the front in Bot mode, if the G1 flames are what turned you towards United.

12. DJCHARTERS

DJCHARTERS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you have been takin pics of the rts tracks reprolabels any chance of sharing the pics? Ive ordered them and dying too see what they look like applied. Myself i love the RTS tracks, I've modded the arms so that they sit lower down to help with proportions. Great figure though

13. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm getting both cause Tracks has always been one of my favorite characters, but I'm looking forward to getting the United one more.

14. XxGeck0xX

XxGeck0xX デストロン 情報

News Credits:
    Can't wait until United Tracks comes out!

15. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'll have both once the United version is released and I might leave that one in car mode to show off the flame hood.

16. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

For a $9 difference I'd have gone United. I'm planning on getting the Reprolabel set for my RTS Tracks, so there would be the $9 difference right there.

That looks great!

17. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

I've held off buying the RTS figure waiting for the United version.

18. Quantum

Quantum Oh good

I'll be getting United Tracks for sure. Also Jazz and Wheeljack. I have the japanese releases of most of the Ark crew, so I will finish them out that way. Only US versions I have are Prowl (mine had no sticky paint issues), Bluestreak (liked the US deco better) and Ironhide (some paint and Reprolabels will fix him up).

19. yami4ct

yami4ct Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    After seeing the United deco, I instantly went and pre-ordered United Tracks. I much prefer the metallic paint job and painted on hood deco. I really don't like stickers on the hoods of cars. Paint looks much better. For me, I really don't place value on the size of the toy. I just want to buy what I like best. I also have United Lugnut on order. I really cannot wait to get these guys.

20. shadow panther

shadow panther Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    i can live without the stupid geewun flame sticker