Heavy/Scratch: RTS Track re-shell to Corvette Z06 WIP

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by stratonrye, Jun 11, 2011.

1. stratonrye

stratonrye Maximal

Hey All! I finally got an extra Tracks from another board member and pretty much went straight to work cutting him apart to get the new car shell to fit over the existing alt mode (see attached pics). I'm using the Testor's kit that I brought up in my original Creative Discussion thread for this project. After I had removed a lot of plastic off of Tracks I realized that the model is a lot slimmer than he is which turns out to be a huge problem because this means that I’ll need to figure out a way to modify Tracks’ doors/wings to be a hell of a lot slimmer too or figure out completely new way to attach and articulate his door/wings. I'm hoping one of you guys will have an idea of how to fix this problem. Another thing I'd like to get some opinions on is how to paint him. What I'd like to do is almost a full repaint with some kind of metallic blue for the car, all robot bits repainted with flat or gloss (not sure which) model paints in pretty much the same colors they are now, his shins changed to a drybrushed gunmetal (or at least a darker metal color), and to leave all the white POM plastic parts (parts at his joints and back) factory white and clean. One general question I have for you all so far is how should I attach the new car shell to Tracks? Should I putty it on or glue it on or do a little of both? Next problem/question is (as you might notice in the pics) that there is not going to be a way to fit Tracks' old back windshield underneth the new one so I'm going to have to come up with a new plan for that. That gray piece is about the same size as the new back windshield so I might be able to still you that at least. Anyway, here's what I have so far.

Attached Files:

• 037.JPG
      037.JPG
      File size:
      910.4 KB
      Views:
    • 030.JPG
      030.JPG
      File size:
      646.9 KB
      Views:
    • 031.JPG
      031.JPG
      File size:
      729.6 KB
      Views:
    • 032.JPG
      032.JPG
      File size:
      588.2 KB
      Views:
    • 044.JPG
      044.JPG
      File size:
      569.8 KB
      Views:
    • 041.JPG
      041.JPG
      File size:
      470.3 KB
      Views:
  2. stratonrye

stratonrye Maximal

reserved for updates

3. stratonrye

stratonrye Maximal

reserved for further updates

4. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    Well I've improvised on mine... used hotglue and superglue, the after the final fit and hotglue layer I topped it of with superglue since hotglue doesn't like paint so much :D 

But you'll better wait until the reshell masters here on the board respond....
    putty and glue obviously sound good but I didn't have any available :) 

5. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Good luck man, looks very promising

6. senorvandal

senorvandal That Guy

I love how Tracks and Wheeljack are looking over the Vette like they're about to tackle a very large project.

Best of luck, keep us updated.