RTS Toys Way Better Than DOTM Toys !

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by organizedchaos6, Aug 14, 2011.

1. organizedchaos6

organizedchaos6 Member

Just looking for everyone's opinion on this.

I have a lot of DOTM toys, and some RTS toys, and some HFTD toys.

I have opened a few extras of the DOTM voyager toys, and I am pretty disappointed in them.
    For example I opened up Optimus Prime, and after about 1 1/2 hours of frustration, consulting help, looking at the instructions, and then watching a video online I figured out how to transform him into vehicle mode. Even then he doesn't roll well, and he is just so freaking small.

Today I opened up a extra Lugnut figure, and me and my 3 year old son got him into vehicle mode in about 10 minutes not really trying to hard. Not to mention he is a very large figure for what I paid for him. It just seems like a less complicated but all be it better toy.

I'm looking for more toys along that lines for us to play with that he can transform easily, any suggestions?
    I've been finding some HFTD / RTS pretty cheap at TJ Maxx.

2. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    Prime is hard to Transform? are you sure your not talking about the ROTM leader?

Prime is really simple. most of the DOTM toys are very simplistic this time around.

3. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    Yep, most DOTM have made it pretty clear Hasbro wanted to simplify transformations after parents complained about complexity during the ROTF toyline.

So if you can't figure out these DOTM toys.....

4. organizedchaos6

organizedchaos6 Member

yeah i couldn't transform voyager class optimus prime. I found it near impossible compared to older models of toys.
    I must lack the part of my brain which instinctively knows how to bend a pin sized piece of plastic without it snapping off like they always seem to.

not hating but DOTM vs RTS , RTS wins hands down.

5. organizedchaos6

organizedchaos6 Member

BTW I basically just started playing with transformers and probably have in my full life time attempted a robot to vehicle transform maybe 15-20 times. I'm a noobie, I had power rangers and legos as a kid...

6. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Apples and Oranges and different designs. Of course rts are simpler as the mimic the old g1 style were movie have ton of moving parts and layered designs.

7. Autobotic9

Autobotic9 Well-Known Member

This is why I've been skipping the entire DOTM line.

8. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    You call Perceptor SIMPLE?!?!?! =P

9. organizedchaos6

organizedchaos6 Member

out of curiousity do any you have own MindSet? He looks simply amazing in the picture and i'm pretty sure he looks like a must buy

10. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    DOTM Prime is a piece of shit. I hate toy.

But I like RTS over DOTM. I liked ROTF over DOTM. And HTFD. And Animated. And so forth. DOTM was just so mediocre...

11. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    It's really not to dis you but maybe it's maybe not so much about a supposedly steep transformations learning curve but rather about aesthetic preference.

12. Kakashi

Kakashi Well-Known Member

DotM is crap. It's stylized in the way that Animated was, but not in a good way. Proportions are bad, and they could've easily called it "Transformers: Hey Remember When We All Had Stupidly Big Guns?"

13. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    Largely you could Argue reveal the shield was a vehicle to mobilize more Generations deluxes in a shorter time, as well as put classic style voyagers, legends, and scouts in the mix.

Were better off when takara is free from the constraints of the movie character models. As the "offscreen" dark of the moon characters like the human alliance basics sandstorm and whirl for example let them put that Heroic Transformer Look back into the line.

If your new to Generations and Reveal the shield, then scan this article for a bit.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-news-rumors/428825-takaratomy-staff-interview-generations-united.html

14. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Anything is better than Bayformers. Except the Energon cartoon and Kiss Players concept......and Pat Lee.

15. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    I think you meant to say "albeit".

16. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    i love RTS as much as the next guy, but you can't even begin to say they were better than the DOTM toys, they are plagued with more QC issues

perceptors with messed up shoulders and i've heard reports of breaks
    lugnut's chest windows being all f'ed to hell
    i'm personally on my second g2 prime
    lets not start on how wreck-gar has some of the most problems of any recent figure to date, but i still love him
    BIS rodimus is a pile of trash for most

the DOTM toys are more solid, this is a fact. they were engineered to be more kid friendly and more fun to play with and this is quite obvious. i enjoy the DOTM figures so far more than my RTS guys

at least with the DOTM i can play with them without fear of breaking them