Minor/Repaint: RTS Throttlebot Chayse

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by leobreaker1977, Feb 21, 2012.

1. leobreaker1977

leobreaker1977 Well-Known Member

RTS Throttlebot Chase

Hi guys

This is just a small project I was doing to distract from cravings while I quit smoking. This is the first time using automotive paint and I gotta say.......I love it. Bigger range of colours and very chip and rub resistant. So the mods on this guy are just two simple ones, starting with removing all of the spoiler and sanding down to the contour of the rest of the body and filling in the hole from the heat pin with mighty putty. I also had a second G1 Chase so I used the head from him and modified the front half of the head to fit over the backhalf of the original head, Which is a blend of ROTF Breakdown and HFTD oilpan(tried dying and all breakdowns body peices warped:(  ) I used Tamiya Silver acrylic for the drybrush, Testor acrylic Black for the windows, Testor enamil Steel and Silver for the headlights and other details and The red is Dupli-colour Perfect Match (for toyota)Red pearl. Hope you like him, comments always welcome and thanks for looking

Attached Files:

2. Ayleron

Ayleron Autobot Vanguard

looks great!

3. Fiskone

Fiskone Aerosol Artist

That's awesome man glad to see him done, looks great that red really pops. The blue is a really nice contrast. How's the quitting smoking doing for you. Great detail can't wait to see him in person.

4. cheetor71

cheetor71 Autobot

Nice paint job. It turned out well.

5. Nemesis Maximus

Nemesis Maximus Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    nice work! Im working on a Chase now with a different figure, will be hard to beat this one though.

6. rattraprules98

rattraprules98 AKA Chr0nus

News Credits:
    That is sexy!

7. warhawk

warhawk Well-Known Member

Very nice. And good luck quitting. After 4 tries, I've been quit for over a year. It gets easier.

8. leobreaker1977

Thanks guys, glad you all like him! I had been looking at my junker for awhile trying to figure out what to do with it ( it was the first tf in my recollection) then i put two and two together when i was going through my complete figure bin...and i found breakdown. I knew the heads need to be swapped and that even though BD is a lambo it was close enough in estetics that I could get away with it. I am using the red for a rapido that i am doing (come on warmer weather! lol) and thought that chase would look good in it as well.

@ warhawk I have been smoke free for a week, and its been hard but I am stubbern so I won't fall back. Thanks for your support :) 

9. leobreaker1977

@ nemisis maximus what mold are you planning to use if you don't mind me prying? ;)