Minor/Repaint: RTS Stepper w Nightstick

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by leobreaker1977, Jul 21, 2011.

1. leobreaker1977

leobreaker1977 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hi, I know this has been done a couple of times before and everybody saw it coming but here is my version of RTS Stepper. I used RTS Jazz and Nightstick from the RTS Battle in space pack. I used Krylon gloss black and Metallic Gold and gloss white, Testor acrylic red, blue, and testor enamal light blue and gold. The stickers are from reprolabels G1 reissue set and has been heavily modified for the mold. It was then sealed with 4 coats of Krylon clear coat. Comments welcome Thanks for looking.

Attached Files:

2. stratonrye

stratonrye Maximal

This is a super nice and clean-looking repaint man. You should be proud. The only things I could suggest that might make him even better is that it'd be cool too find a way for Nightstick to attach in alt. mode and to maybe replace the stickers on the spoiler with paint cause they look a little messy (but not terrible). Otherwise great work dude!

3. Budokhan

Budokhan Wheeljack's apprentice

VERY nicely done sir! Who needs to blow $119 on the Special Unlimited version when you can do this good a job for yourself & the RTS figure costs, what...$13 tops?!?! Besides, its always more fun to make a figure truly "you're own" aint it?

Bravo my good man! :thumb 

4. deaculpa

deaculpa Seven Star Fist

News Credits:
    i will never understand how you can get spray paint to look so smooth. nice work.

5. wolverenz

wolverenz Decepticon

News Credits:
    uhm, I think the decals on the door is upside down?

Very nice work man! :thumb 

6. leobreaker1977

leobreaker1977 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    thanks for the comments guys,

@stratonrye- that must have happened during conversion. I had intended on painting the spoiler but next to the stickers I didn't like the contrast between the golds

@budokhan- I had panned to do it the week before they announsed the Million Publishing RTS stepper, and I have done a few customs that I didn't really want to pay a hundred bucks for a 15 dollar figure. total spent to do this one was 15.99 for jazz, I split with a buddy on the Battle in space 2pk when it was on sale so 11 for nightstick and cyclonus, and 8 bucks for the reprolabel set.

@deaculpa- It doesn't always happen! I actually had to strip the roof twice and then I primed it and had to stip it! lol. I have had better luck lately with sprays. Its all in the tecnique.Thank you.

@wolverenz- It may very well be but I applyed them that way in order to follow the contour of the body of the car