Minor/Repaint: RTS Starscream with alternative launchers

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Christopher-2, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Christopher-2

Christopher-2 Well-Known Member

Hello Again, all. Here at radicons, we've all painted at least one of this guy, despite the many versions of him available, so I present my own personal Starscream!

He is made from the first released classics mould. I was thinking about what version of Starscream to make, but since I do not own the G1 toy, and had no original Ideas of my own at the moment, I went for an all out homage. I simply could not wait for reprolabels, so I recreated as much of the G1 details as I saw fit using testors paint and brushes. I seem to have the only Classics Starscream with yellow eyes.

I don't have the steadiest hands in the world, so instead of replicating the Decepticon logos on his wings, I added a Reveal The Shield rubsign, right where the G1 rubsquare would be. Hence the title.

Finally, I solved a problem I had with seekers since this toy first came out (Useless trivia, I was 16). Big Weapons, No Bueno! The missile launchers were replaced with modified Revenge of the Fallen Dirge launchers. The closest thing to G1 that won't get in the way much when you bent his arms. These are now the standard launchers I use for my seekers.

Finally I have a Starscream in my gallery with a unique twist.

Attached Files:

2. Rikerwota

Rikerwota Well-Known Member

Nice, man. I like it :) 

3. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Love it. Love the G1 striping, love the clean paintjob, love the panel lining, love that you've given him yellow eyes (cartoon be damned!). :D 
    I also actually like that he doesn't have proper Decepticon insignias in his jet mode, as that's a "rule" I've brought into my own collection (obvious symbols are for robot modes only, rubsigns are primarily for vehicle modes).

Nice work. :) 

4. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    me2

5. Wars

Wars Regular At Swerve's™

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Awesome stuff there. Nice choice with the rub sign, thats very unique!

6. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    I like the launchers - I would think that Tomahawk's launchers with the missiles trimmed and clips removed might work too.

Love the color scheme too, the blue is perfect.