RTS Roddy/FP Protector

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by tehKOREANdude, Feb 11, 2011.

1. tehKOREANdude

tehKOREANdude inimitable, original

News Credits:
    Before you guys lay the hate train on me, know that I am on a budget, am 15 years old and did not get into Transformers until the 07 movie (how tragic).

That being said, I sadly missed the oh so glorious Classics line, and am not ready to pay $30 for a Classics Rodimus. Instead, I went for the Battle in Space pack. I've heard horrendous things about that Roddy, but I had to have one. Protector looked so beautiful, and I needed to make my first 3rd party purchase.

Sadly, I have not yet received my package from TFSource. Protector is on pre-order for some reason. That being said, I anxiously anticipate the package. Can anyone post pictures of RTS Roddy in the Protector armor, just so I can see for myself what's to come?

Thanks.

2. XxGeck0xX

XxGeck0xX デストロン 情報

News Credits:
    Ummm $30 is an understatement on the price of classics/henkei rodimus. More like 60-80 it seems like what it's going for these days. My opinion on the protector on the bis rodimus is that vehicle mode is way too off, but in robot mode you can't really notice the diffrence especially if u strip the yellow paint off the spoiler. Here's an image of what robot mode looks like.
    TFX-04 Protector (Rodimus Prime) - Toy Gallery - Photo #375

3. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have to go to work, but I'll post pics later if need be. Bottom line, it looks fine and spending a ton on the Classics Rodimus is just gratuitous IMO.

4. Rattrap

Rattrap Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have the BIS set on order from BBTS as well as Protector and Sidearm. From the pictures Ive seen, the color differences dont really bug me. The only thing that does is that it has been sitting as "Warehouse" status for the past 3 days while I wait for it to ship :( 

5. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

Their shipping has been kind of slow lately. But a couple of things aside (like packing ROTF Jetfire in his humongous alt mode and sending a gigantic box) I've had no complaints.

6. katch26

katch26 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
  7. tehKOREANdude

tehKOREANdude inimitable, original

News Credits:
    thanks for the understanding, everybody. the ebay auctions on those roddys go crazy.
    that's a good thread up top. the vehicle mode bugs me a bit, but the robot mode is much better than what people have said. thanks all!

8. trex5000

trex5000 Autobot

Ebay:
    So you should PM me on where you saw this $30 classics hot rod

9. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

I was looking to buy one (already have the Henkei release), but there are some paint apps that I'm not too fond of. I thought the yellow spoiler would've been molded in yellow plastic, not painted. Same applies for the fists and fold-out saw. Also, I don't like how the missile isn't molded in clear plastic. The blue paint over red looks cheap as well. I might still buy it and touch-up the parts I don't like, though.

Same deal with Cyclonus.

10. javaco

javaco javaco

News Credits:
    wow. i feel soo incredibly lucky to have found my classics rodimus for 15$ complete
    and this was about 6 months ago maybe. =]

11. Manok

Manok Well-Known Member

I have a MISB classics rodimus I paid 73 shipped for and a loose classics rodimus I paid 35shipped for just to give you guys an idea about what they are going for.
    I bought these about three weeks ago.