RtS Prime: demand?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by process, Dec 8, 2011.

1. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't usually post threads like this. I was under the impression RtS Primes were sort of in-demand, and I happened to stumble on this listing on Amazon today: Amazon.com: Transformers Deluxe Optimus Prime: Toys & Games. $16 with free shipping in the US, with Amazon's $25 super saver.

Anyway, I don't know if this is significant, but I thought I'd share.

2. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

Interesting. I keep seeing him at Ross and Marshall's around here, but it's good to know that he's not... too high above retail on Amazon.

3. Maetel

Maetel Well-Known Member

i thought that guy was the shelfwarmer of that deluxe wave either due to low demand or over packing the case. him and repaint classic bee.

4. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Amazon prices usually tank when a figure starts showing up at the Discounters en masse.

Same thing happened to Costco Bee for those looking to scalp him. Anyway, I've seen a couple Primes in my neck of the woods and add that to what others are saying AND the fact that he is on HTS right now and he isn't too hard to find. Ergo relative price normalcy on Amazon.

5. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

I thought the demand has remained relatively steady partly due to the announcement and subsequent release of the MT upgrade armor. I was kind of thinking that this would turn into another Classics Ultra Magnus/City Commander Rodimus/Protector situation, where the core figure's demand and reflective going price would remain somewhat high.

6. igniz1984

igniz1984 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I see a ton of these at my ross/marshalls stores in my area. Up to 3 or more. So for now I think his price will be steady untill those start dwindling down at the discount stores.

7. robowarrior

robowarrior Arcee's BF

News Credits:
    Yeah I agree here as well. Maketoys upgrade had a early release but is not fully out to the fans just yet, it's on Pre-Order. My guess is that once these start going up for sale and they start selling and shipping like hot cakes, prices will fluctuate with the figure, the reason I say this is because it happened with FP Bruticus upgrade kit......Check back next summer 2012, then we'll see how prices are for that figure... only thing I can say is ...time will tell...

8. bossman328

bossman328 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My gut tells me that these will be $30 by april/may. get him now while you can

9. Yop the Yopper

Yop the Yopper Banned

Yeah, he probably will be spiking in price as he becomes more desirable because of the stellar Battle Armor.

10. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I don't think we will see him go as high as the Classics Ultra Magnus figure, but I'd bet a good amount he'll easily demand $30-$40 when the Tankers are sold out. $16 is a good price to me considering I have not been fortune enough to find him at TJ Maxx, etc. I bought mine originally before Tanker was even announced at a Target.

11. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I got my RTS Prime for $8 at a drug store, but this is good for those who have yet to pick one up!

12. 0MEGATR0N

0MEGATR0N Robot/Gladiator

they have been around here at ross since the summer.

13. Colonel Jester

Colonel Jester The Prime of Tech

I got extras for trade purposes..not looking to price hike