RTS Lives On!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Goldlock, May 2, 2011.

1. Goldlock

Goldlock and don't call me Shirley

News Credits:
    According to Seibertron.com, RTS are now coming up as DOTM listings at American TRU checkouts. This is not uncommon in the UK/Europe, but apparently is more unusual at US retailers.
    This may put a few people's minds to rest regarding the immediate future of the RTS line and it's forthcoming releases.

Along with Demolition Rumble being listed on Hasbro's catalogue, could we still see those sought after figures appear in their original line; rather than being shoe-horned into the DOTM main line?

2. blunghole

blunghole The Tapeworm of Unicron!

News Credits:
    I never doubted it. I've believed all along that the rareness of Windcharger, Warpath, and Rumble/Frenzy was nothing but hype.

However, I could still be wrong....

3. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Someone last week posted a reply from Hasbro stating that windchargers and rumbles will be seeing a full release.

I am not surprised by this news at all seeing as Hasbro said fromt he beginning that Generations/RTS/ Classic figures will be running along side DOTM figures.

4. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    I'm not entirely sure that is what was meant. When ROTF ended and HFTD began, it kept the same SKN number. When HFTD ended and RTS began, same deal, they came up as "movie deluxe". Best guess just to differentiate the Generations deluxes from the rest(which also gives more hope for the later waves and lending creedence to running concurrently with DOTM) I would think the same would be true now for DOTM(actually being a movie line) but, who really knows for sure yet. All of the early releases have been from Target so, I guess we will just have to wait and see.

If not, thats killer news and I anxiously await my Frumble!

5. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    doesn't that only mean the RTS deluxe sku is now the DOTM deluxe sku?? I highly doubt we will have 3 different deluxe lines and the HA basics at the same price point

6. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

:lolol 

7. Loosecannon

Loosecannon Cos I know I'm right...

Doesn't this just confirm that RTS is dead and is now replaced by DOTM.

8. Red leader

Red leader Nom Nom Nom

News Credits:
    normally just means an existing line which is finishing gets grouped under a new one.

Nothing special in it, Hasbro currently lists the PRIME figures under the movie banner on the UK phasing plan, doesnt mean they are included in it.

9. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

^ Exactly. This doesn't really tell us anything. Especially as most shops I've seen seem to list the HftD and RTS stuff under "Transformers movie 2 deluxe" on the shelf tag. It's just so they have a way to store it in their computers in the most convenient way possible.

10. Goldlock

News Credits:
    I don't think it's that big a deal either; but Seibertron had it front paged so it must be of importance/assurance to some at least. I've added a bit to the main post, since I was rushing around when I first posted it too.

@Red Leader Someone on Seibertron wrote this: "The US figures have individual barcodes, making easier for retailers to ID them outside of a case, so this could well be an accurate solicitation.

In Europe HFTD & RTS all had the same barcode, as far as stores purchasing wholsesale were concerned HFTD-Axor was the same figure as RTS-B'Bee
    ." & this is in the US.

Also, do you know if we're still expecting the Prime line to turn up in October? :) 

11. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

:lolol 

(again)

12. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Actually those scouts are Do Not Replenish. Which is different from the DELETED that everything else Yellow box has.

13. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    What Frenzy?

You're here long enough to know that Hasbro respond to email with canned messages.

14. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Normally, I wouldn't trust kickback's source (nothing against kickback himself, though) on RTS being cancelled in the US, ever since he reported that hasbro would be pulling Transformers Animated off shelves the May before ROTF hit, and that the line was completely dead as of that point. We then went on to NOT have a single from shelves, and still got waves of old figures released to stores (one actually hitting in that may/june window, if I recall), along with two new figures: Freeway Jazz and Electrostatic Soundwave a few months later. So that, which came from a similar type of source, turned out to be wrong in every way a thing could be wrong.

But this, RTS was a very minor line, and I have yet to even see wave 2 deluxes at retail. HFTD scouts and legends are still filling up all available peg space. I don't see stores ordering two new legends waves, or a scout wave or two that's 80% stuff that's already sitting on the shelves unsold.

I'm pretty sure RTS is still dead, but I'm all for being surprised.

15. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes. This.

16. Goldlock

News Credits:
    If it's all listed as DOTM, some retailers might order new RTS figures without even realising it. ;) 

17. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy of the Allspark

News Credits:
    The exact words were (I was there at Toyfair 2011) that "Generations" was continuing. No mention of Reveal the Shield.

Reveal the Shield is getting clearanced at Target and cleaned out at Walmart. Dark of the Moon is replacing it.

Randy

18. Xaddion

Xaddion ...

News Credits:
    All this means is that Hasbro is trying to trick retailers into buying the last waves of RTS thinking that they are more DOTM toys.

19. Goldlock

News Credits:
    Bingo! :lol 

20. Quixote_Prime

Quixote_Prime is missed.

News Credits:
    Could mean that RTS will be getting a TRU-only release. >>Shudder<<