Minor/Repaint: rts legends prime motorized trailer and upgrades

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by chansformers, Jul 5, 2012.

1. chansformers

chansformers butcher of the bots

News Credits:
    a fun upgrade for rts legnds prime,a trailer.but the catch is it is actually motorized with a pull back and go motor gutted from a g1 twintwist.the trailer started as a matchbox single axle trailer.
    a square hole was measured and cut out from the front bottom to clip snuggly over rts prime's raise "shin" details.he doesn't turn independently of the trailer but as a bonus,when you pull him back and let go he goes pretty straight and far.(as far as the little 28 year old motor will take it)
    styrene was used to build it all up to simulate the bottom chunk on the original g1 prime's trailer,with the exception of the motorized rubber wheels being slightly taller than the plastic set right behind them.this was done to make the rubber wheels contact the floor more for better grip.
    a new energon axe hand was made from a small undersized k/o copy of the axe hand that comes with takara bookshelf g1 prime.the axe was cut down,refused together,then the mount section was melted with a torch and then squshed on and around his right hand.once it cooled,it now literally clips around his fingers and plugs into his hand.
    prime himself only recieved some much needed paint additions including his lower bot mode ribs(red),running/head/tail lights,wheels hubs,windows,etc.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

this is the square hole that now clips over his shins and toes in alt mode.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

his trailer doesn't fold open or do anything else but propel him,but it can store his new axe upgrade.

Attached Files:

2. astig

astig Optimus Prime's Driver

News Credits:
    nice! i like it! cool energon axe as well! :) 

3. aledromo

aledromo Decepticon at the Gate

This little thing is brilliant and adorable.

4. leobreaker1977

leobreaker1977 Well-Known Member

neat ideas! the axe hand is pretty considering none of the rts legends came with weapons

5. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

Great!

That gimmick seems perfect for a legends figure.

6. Darkhawk79

Darkhawk79 TFWM SUCK!!!!!

News Credits:
    Can you post a pic of the item you used or the package to it before it was modded....I want to get one of those trailers....that's a great job

7. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    Do one for Motorbreath!

Nah, just kidding. This is adorable and very neat. It's like you're reissuing the figure with all the accessories.

8. chansformers

chansformers butcher of the bots

News Credits:
    thanks!!

thanks!!!

thanks!!

thanks,but unfortunately i can't because i was a noob and didn't take before shots(this was one of those on the side projects while waikting for paint to cure on other projects).
    i also found this trailer at a local valuevillage so i never did get any packaging of any kind(no cab was included either,just the trailer and some hotwheels cars in a 1.99 bag).
    if it helps,it started as a single axle white trailer with a blue and red triangular stripe running down the length of it.
    the actual dimensions are
    length= 9cm
    width= 2.5 cm
    height(overall from wheel bottom to trailer top)=4.25 cm

worse case scenario,you could possibly use any shorter hotwheels/matchboz/mojorette trailer so long as the heights and width match up.
    if you can cut a 7/8"l x 7/8"w square hole in the botom of it you should be good:D 

lolz,motorbreath....i love habro:D 

thanks for the comments guys!!