Minor/Repaint: RTS Jazz with G1 gun and new SG Jazz

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Lucs, Dec 2, 2010.

1. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    So I did a little detail work to my RTS Jazz (thanks for the trade canonball!) like a lot of people are doing but I figured since I got the Cashanova gun from shapeways I'd post it.

Link to Cashanova and Calloway custom designs to find the gun http://www.shapeways.com/shops/callowaycustomdesigns

Did a few simple paint apps like silver grill, red taillights, some silver and light blue on the waist and painted the shapeways gun silver (I did the handle with a silver sharpie so it wouldn't rub off)

Also threw in a few pics of the Jazz army (I still like my custom AM Classics Jazz the most though)

Lastly is TFTM walmart exclusive Jolt (thanks Brunks) with a reproed BC Jazz head with a purple visor. This to me looks way more like what a Shattered Glass Jazz should look like (kind of Cyclonus or Skywarp's colors)

Attached Files:

2. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Cool.

Love to see someone makes a CHUG Crosswise out of Jazz.

3. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    any chance the custom jazz head fits on the rts jazz?? i liek that head so much better for jazz

nice collection though

4. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

Lucs, you have an impressive Jazz army here. Kudos, dude.

5. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    It probably would with some modification. Not sure about size wise though. I can check and get back to you. I do agree that it's the best Jazz head out there though

6. oxidative

oxidative last chance to evacuate

RTS Jazz is looking pretty sweet all dolled up. You should paint the air intake under the front grill black. Because I said so. And that's what cars seem to do these days. Fake grill up top, air intake below.

I can't wait until you start adding some alt mode pics to your threads ;) 

7. blue death

blue death TokuNation Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    how much does it usually cost to get something shipped from shapeways anyway? im looking into getting the universe Prowl backfiller pieces that Process designed from there, and cashanova's Jazz gun looks pretty awesome too

8. stratonrye

stratonrye Maximal

And again I'm amazed by how much better Rts Jazz looks with just a few extra paint apps! I love how you painted the blue on his pelvis. I was wondering if someone was going to try that and if it would look good. I guess you answered that question. Really great looking work man! Also, I've actually been meaning to pm Cashanova about that Jazz gun. I wanted to make sure it would fit classics figures before I got one. I guess that question got answered too. Now I'm totally going to snag a couple of those soon. How'd the details turn out? Which plastic did you buy? Are we gonna see some alt mode pics?

9. stratonrye

stratonrye Maximal

Everything ships free I think.

Sorry about the double post.

10. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Thanks for the advice. The reason I haven't added alt mode pics is that I haven't finished car mode. I think I'm going to paint the wheels silver, the exhaust and maybe that intake you speak of.

It is indeed free. I ordered a Jazz gun, prime gun, prime stacks and the punch/counterpunch head and fists all for $40. Not bad in my opinion. It's odd to me that it's free since it comes from the Netherlands and they shipped my order in 2 parts for some reason

Thanks for the feedback man! Glad you like it.

It's actually funny that you mention PMing Cash because he didn't know if it would fit until I told him :D 

I bought the Jazz gun in White Detail because that is what he recommended. It seems pretty durable with an almost rubber feel to it, not like a tire but like a softer plastic

11. stratonrye

stratonrye Maximal

The Netherlands?!?!?! I didn't know that. Interesting. That's really funny about Cash not knowing if the gun would fit. I wouldn't have guessed that. Is the white detail rough at all? Did you have to sand/prep it at all/a lot before painting? I thought I read somewhere that the transparent kind was the way to go (I think in one of Venksta's threads). I seem to remember hearing it was a little smoother and didn't need as much prep work and maybe a little sturdier feeling. Either way, like I said, I'm sold on it.

12. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Well It is a bit rough but I'm not usually worried about super smooth paint. I'm sure it could be sanded a bit to make it smoother but it's fine for me. I've never ordered anything in transparent before, this was my first order. From what I can tell the creator lays out the options for material you can choose and I'm not sure that was an option for these, maybe though

13. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

Umm.....yes :thumb 

Lucs, great job!!!

14. canonball

canonball Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Jazz looks great, man! I think I'm going to copy this.

15. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Awesome...

...but wait. So is RTS Jazz actually SMALLER than Classics Prowl?

zmog

16. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

I have a cast of the Botcon head and I did a mock-up with RTS Jazz. It looks like it'll fit, but you need to cut away some plastic from the surrounding hood just below the head cavity. As it stands, without any modifications, it presents a clearance issue.

17. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Thanks A23!
    Thanks! Feel free to come over and check it out man
    Yes he's a bit shorter by about 2/3 of a head
    I think he was asking about the action master Jazz head, either way the AM head is smaller so if the Botcon one fits the AM one will too :thumb 

18. NeoZeRo35

NeoZeRo35 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Nice simple paints apps. I think I actually like the silver grill as opposed to black. May I ask what paints are you using?

19. Xhairs

Xhairs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    nice lot of jazzes man.

20. mingl86

mingl86 Well-Known Member

I just got the RTS jazz and was planning on doing this, could you point me in the right direction regarding paints/technique? I don't wanna mess him up :)