Minor/Repaint: RTS Jazz robot mode Neckline Fix

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by robvega214, Jun 23, 2011.

1. robvega214

robvega214 Mp5_Brut

its been a good 7 months since i picked up my Xacto knife and dremel...and its all thanx to that awful neckline of RTS Jazz..and his chin too
    I love this mold of Jazz...its almost perfect...cept of course the neckline ..chin and the rear spoiler......anyway ...i started with his chin...cut that away n sanded down a bit.....that was easy .......
    Now the neckline........ cut a rectangular piece of styrene.......use a thick piece ...........slip it under the hood..and used the hole as a template....mark with pencil.......... Now cut the shape out......on 1 end of the piece..sand it down to give it a slight curve.....then add a lil heat to the piece..and slightly bend the front to go with the downcurve of the hood.
    g1.jpg
    be sure u leave a small gap but not too small between teh hood and ur piece. i tried closin teh gap as much as possible ..but the hinges on the windshield come into play ..and u dont want to cut on those too much ...so play with it a lil . Now place ur piece over the existing neckline.(test fit with tacky putty)..use putty..i like the apoxie sculpt stuff..........add a nice chunk and sandwich it.......press down till its even with the rest of the hood......use ur exacto knife and cut away the apoxie that squeezed out........
    f.JPG
    h.JPG
    Now lets have some Dremel fun.........
    Cut out the top of the pelvic region......
    a1.jpg
    and trim the inside of the abdomen walls...
    b1.jpg
    Swing down the neckline and see if u have clearance......it should swing back all the way to the windshield hinges.
    c1.jpg
    Trim on the back of the abdomen and on the hinges.....just enough to let ur new Piece pass through
    d1.jpg this is lookin through the windshield
    and it should go up like the original piece
    e.JPG
    i.JPG and You R DONE....:thumbs2: 

2. seali_me

seali_me Buhawi Gabay-Tala

love it! will do this on onemy jazzes! thanks!

3. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Dammit! I didn't mind Jazz's chin so much, until I saw yours... much better!

I like this hood mod. Both of these things feel like pretty unnecessary adjustments to an already great figure, but they unquestionably improve the overall look!

zmog

4. xaviercal

xaviercal Customizer

Ebay:
    great idea. look good. might give that try