Customs: RTS Jazz Chest Fix?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by autobotsfire, Jan 24, 2011.

1. autobotsfire

autobotsfire Autobots.......FIRE!

Ebay:
    Has anybody managed to find a fix for RTS Jazz and his chest? I cant seem to keep it from flipping up when I move his arms.

Thanks

2. SpeedFreak01

SpeedFreak01 Well-Known Member

I just got my Jazz today, and I have the same problem. Someone help!

3. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    there isn't a fix as such, more a sort of trick.

What I do is fold the windscreen up then close the doors back to how they were for vehicle mode, there is enough room to do this so it looks like it was intentional and it does stop this chest issue. (I don't have that problem to be honest)

4. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

I don't see why anyone can't just put their thumb on the hood or grill as they pose the arm.

5. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

This. I don't remember people complaining about...say, G1 Sideswipe. His chest is even worse in that regard.

6. SpeedFreak01

SpeedFreak01 Well-Known Member

Wow, it really works! The speakers can still flip out, and the annoying hood-chest problem is fixed! Thanks a lot!

7. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

I'll admit, it's a little frustrating at the thought that there isn't something that locks into place to help hold it down, but you can just as easily use the hands that God gave you to keep the hood down while posing.

8. Rotorstorm

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    there is even a gap in between the doors that suggests this was put in intentionally.

9. autobotsfire

autobotsfire Autobots.......FIRE!

Ebay:
    God cursed me with slipery fin-like appendages, so its difficult to hold the hood down.
    P.S I type using a stick in my mouth.

10. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I did the usual superglue trick.

Look under his chest, and you see how there are small slots in his grey abdomen piece that structural rails from the hood slip into?

Just get some glue into those slots, open and close the hood a few times to spread the glue around, leave it open again to cure. This should add enough friction in those slots to keep the chest down. You might need to repeat the process a couple of times to get the amount of grip you want.

And yeah, it's not that much hassle to hold the chest down while posing, but for me, it was kind of a mild OCD thing that kept bugging me to fix it.

11. Rotorstorm

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  12. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Any chance of a pic of this? I tried to replicate it based on your description and the hood still pops up on mine. I must be doing it wrong.

13. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    I personally like it with or without the doors visible in bot mode, BUT the fix is honestly simple and I believe it's been mentioned before. If you lift the hood up in bot mode, you'll see two small rails on the gray mid section. If you slowly fold it up and down, you'll see the two white strips that slide down into that rail on each side. If you apply a bit of Future or super glue and do the usual thing, it should allow the chest to actually snap into place and hold.

This is what was originally intended, I believe, but for some reason, it just doesn't grip like it should. With the fixes mentioned in this thread (the door one and the windshield one), they hinder the articulation in bot mode (windshield) or look a little off (doors folded and shooting off the back).

Now I'm not taking credit for this fix, just putting it out there that I've tried all of these methods and the one I mention above works best and is really simple to do, if you're careful enough.

14. seali_me

seali_me Well-Known Member

bump for people still looking for this...

thanks peeps.

i also prefer the second solution since that's where the problem lies. also it does not leave a gap on jazz back.

15. Jericho

Jericho Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  16. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    :useless 

Exactly. While I certainly value text-based explanations of things, photos always help with clarity. If any of you come up with any kind of fix or solution, be sure to shoot some photos. I'll resource it in Tutorials as well :D 

17. Tirade

Tirade Hate Plague Autobot

Couldn't agree more. What the heck is wrong with having to do this? I don't get it.

18. GalvanicGear

GalvanicGear Primachron

And what about those of of us who insist on our transformers solidly locking into both modes? An yes I did take an exacto to certain peices of my masterpeice Hot Rod the first day i got him to cut grooves and resolve a similar issue. As for Jazz I'm using a coupple peices of gaffers tape to add friction untiml h can find a mor permaneum solution maybe Ill wind up actually adding a couple peices that fold up from inside so's to lock it in place in robot mode.

19. Rotorstorm

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Zombie thread but if pictures are asked for then this is the best I can do at the moment

No cutting required.

the first picture shows how far up the chest will move with the windscreen in place.

the second picture show what has actually been done.

Put Jazz to robot mode, move the windscreen up on it's pivot as high as it will go then fold the doors in, there is a gap used for the screen in vehicle mode that the screen will fit into in robot mode, fold the doors in as you would for vehicle mode and viola, you can move Jazz's arms about without the chest flapping about as much.

Attached Files: