RTS Grappel vs. United Grapple Gallery

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by x BlackMagnus x, Jan 23, 2011.

1. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
  2. Deceptichage

Deceptichage Decepticon Land Pirate

News Credits:
    Not really a whole lot different it seems besides the head color.

3. BraveMax

BraveMax Used to speak Japanese

News Credits:
    I don't think I'd noticed before... But does the Japanese ver. have a different crane? It looks like there are gaps in the extending part...

4. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yes, the differences are minimal. I'll wait for some higher-res images before I decide for sure, since it costs me about the same to import either one.

5. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    so far united has been a big strike out for me only one or 2 i would really spend the extra money on

6. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Prefer Hasbros :) 

7. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Seems the main issue is what color head you prefer, as most other differences are pretty minimal. I am kinda surprised by the apparent mold difference on the extending part of the crane arm though.

8. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    This one's an easy win for Hasbro, the black helmet looks much better.

9. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Hasbro. All the way.

10. Detroa

Detroa Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think there's no difference in the crane mold, it's just that the background color behind the US version is tricky. ;) 

I hoped that United version would be more orange, I'm also a little bummed they removed the chrome on the hook. :/ I'm wondering if I should cancel my United preorder and replace it with the RTS one.

11. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    Takara one looks (maybe?) just very slightly more saturated than the Hasbro one.

Those who've looked at multiple photos of the Hasbro one will already have realised that lighting makes a big difference.

...and since for the most part we've only seen official pics of the United version so far, that's part of the reason it looked like a more vivid orange.

There's also the fact that some people like to convince themselves that the Takara version is always going to be superior.

12. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

From the pics I'd seen previously, I'd always been led to believe that the United version was a much deeper orange in colour whilst the Hasbro one was a pastel yellow. Well it just shows what good/bad lighting can do for a photo! They both look identical to me when put side by side. Obviously the major difference is the head but I prefer the black head over the yellow one any day.

Glad I got the RTS version.

13. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] BATTLE GAIA!

News Credits:
    ^This. Its already out in retail where Im at! :D 

14. The_Black_Sheep

The_Black_Sheep Willyna...

News Credits:
    I've had TakTom's Grapple pre-ordered for ages now but I've just cancelled it & BINed Hasbro's version from Ebay. Those are pretty poor quality comparison pics but that yellow/orange coloured head just doesn't work for me. I've heard that cartoon Grapple had an orange head most of the time but my G1 Grapple has a black head & so that means it'll be a Hasbro RTS Grapple for me. :) 

15. Sepultron

Sepultron .

Based on these photos, I'm really not noticing any major differences other than those we've known from the start. I can't believe they didn't even bother to paint the hook (I really didn't expect chrome) on the United version though. The main body color looks pretty much the same to me as well. Very disappointed, but relieved that so far I don't feel the need to pay the extra $25 - $30 for the import (that is until the Voyager prices go up to $30 - $35 in the US). Hasbro wins.

I hate to say it, but so far overall I haven't really been impressed with the United line, aside from a few figures. When it was Henkei vs. Universe/Classics, usually Henkei won hands down. Granted there are still a few I'm on the fence about (ie: United Perceptor) but otherwise my United want-list is dwindling. I'm not even sure if I should spring for the United version of Tracks, which is probably one of the first United figures that I was originally completely sold on.

Probably the only reason I'm still clinging to some of the United versions is availability: Finding Generations/RTS figures at retail has proven to be difficult to say the least. Granted the US versions are also available for preorder online, but aside from the mark-up in many cases you need to be right there when the preorder is posted or you're SOL. After all is said and done, the final cost of the US version (including the cost of tracking it down) might come pretty close to the United version. Well, maybe not, but at times it seems like it.

16. seaspray10

seaspray10 Master Of Ninja Things

News Credits:
    oh good lord that united version is crap this is hasbro's payback for buster prime

17. Jlogano20

Jlogano20 Speed Gunner

News Credits:
    hasbro is so much better for 1 look at wrists hasbros has silver and takaras does not

18. Obsidian X

Obsidian X Dork of the moon

I'm not sure which I want.
    Maybe I'll buy one each!
    One Grapple and one Hauler :) 

19. Acteon

Acteon Overworked

Ebay:
    I prefer Hasbro's in this instance.

I have to say United/Generations is a real bitch to collect - usually you can rely on Takara to have the best versions, but in this line it's really mixed. Straxus and Blurr are far better from Hasbro imo, but Takara have really slam-dunked Hasbro on Tracks and Jazz - problem is, by the time the comparison pics come out, one or the other is sold out ><

I'd buy both but I really can't afford it...

[EDIT]
    Just noticed I've pretty much repeated what Sepultron posted. So +1 to what he said :) 

20. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    Until Wal-Mart agree to pay more, or Hasbro manage to do business w/o them, that's probably not going to happen.