Minor/Repaint: RTS G2 Laser Optimus Shoulder Leds

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Pimptimus_Prime, May 4, 2012.

1. Pimptimus_Prime

Pimptimus_Prime Banned

This mod was done on commission. There are 3 leds, a battery box and a switch in each shoulder hidden inside the truck front end.

[​IMG]

When fully assembled, he looks like this.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And my client provided some photos of him with his Maketoys Battle Tanker add-on in place!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Let me knowwhat you think. Thank you for looking, and until next time have fun and Happy Modding!

Attached Files:

2. Red vs Blue fan

Red vs Blue fan Banned

News Credits:
    Awesome. What kind of LEDs do you use, 'cause I want to try doing this mind of thing myself.

3. nellie131

nellie131 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Holy crap I need to be sending you mine to do! Looks brilliant

4. Pimptimus_Prime

Pimptimus_Prime Banned

I used 3mm Amber leds. They are lighter than the Orange ones I picked up before using these. Those had a nasty habit of breaking in half between the cathode and anode when being gently slid into perfboard. :) 

I ended up getting Amber leds because Amber is a light Orange in color and are easier to find at places like you local Radio Shack. If you live in a town of any decent size, you might have an electronics supply store that will have all sorts of useful things, and is a local business which are always nice to support.

You can also order leds on Ebay for cheap if you are willing to wait a few weeks for them to come from China or Thailand, and a lot of times they will have colors or brightness levels that you just can't source locally. I ordered some yesterday with estimated delivery dates between 05/23/12 and 06/06/12.

I hope this helps and if you do the mod, post it so I can see it. :) 

5. rattraprules98

rattraprules98 AKA Chr0nus

News Credits:
    I'm surprised that this hasn't happened sooner. I've wanted to do this for months!