Minor/Repaint: Rts/g1 jazz

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Budokhan, Dec 3, 2010.

1. Budokhan

Budokhan Wheeljack's apprentice

Hey gang!

Got my RTS jazz from K-mart the other day & instantly fell in love! This is truly Hasbro's way of saying "We love you guys!"

Anyway, I looked at him & thought "Wouldn't he look cool with some G1 style logos on him an corrected MARTINI RACING livery?" Then the thought mutated wildly outta control & before long I was making up a decal sheet that had era-correct racing sponsors from the original Porsche Turbo 935!!

So here' the preliminary results, the first "test" sheet of 'cals printed at lower res on white label paper. The final set will be printed on clear decal paper & will be water-transfer decals. They will also be higher res so the small details will be nice an crisp!! I haven't tackled the rocker panel/ rear fender livery yet mainly cause I really don't know how to create a vector for it in photoshop! :eek:  Anybody know any good tutorials for this?? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

If there's anyone who knows more about the original MARTINI car that this is based off of & can give me some ideas on anything I may have missed, please, by all means, gimme a shout!!

Hope you guys like it so far!
    Cheers!
    ~BK

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      669.7 KB
      Views:
  2. Ceerad

Ceerad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sweet.
    You should talk to Delta @ Reprolabels about getting that made up for the masses.
    Maybe they could add in some finishing touches for the rear windows and tail lights.

3. Blitzsword

Blitzsword Autobot

Nice! I'm loving the new stripes. The new decals definitely make this figure stand out more. Great job on the figure!

4. ExVeeBrawn

ExVeeBrawn Three dollar Nazi

News Credits:
    Doesn't the license plate make a bit of a problem during transformation?

5. siksky1

siksky1 A boot ur mum

Ebay:
    bro the decals make it!!!!

6. Alloy Alchemist

Alloy Alchemist Decepticon sympathizer

looks good man....but you know that i would rather you be working on your masterpiece arcee!! lol

7. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    looks great, I'd love to have a set like that on mine whenever I get it. You should also put some red on the rear lights and fill in the rear window.

8. justamaze

justamaze Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I believe this is an early test version, but good catch.

9. Budokhan

Ya know, that's an awful good idea! Who knows, may be my little set will be on one of Reprolabels new set updates one day! :thumb 

Thanks very much!! I was hoping they would!

They do , don't they? Thanks for the kind words!

Thanks my friend!
    I had a funny feeling that someone was gonna call me out on Arcee...:lolol 

Thanks! I was thinking for the tailights that I'd cover them with chrome bare metal foil & then a thin layer of transparent red over top for a more convincing "lens" feel. The rear window is gonna get painted a custom made blue to match the transparent blue that the windows are cast out of.

Not really as this is just a testing to make sure all the decals fit where they're supposed to but when the final is rendered, there will be a split down the middle of the license plate so that when the rear of the car is parted the plate will be too! :D 

You got it & it was a good catch! :thumb 

10. Hooper_X

Hooper_X hi haters

Nice, but it needs Pontiac Solstice logos

11. DJCHARTERS

DJCHARTERS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i love this especially the spolier decals. yo should speak to delta about this set id but it in a heartbeat

12. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    The only suggestion I'd make is (and especially if Reprolabels were to do them) is to print them on a clear background, some of those with white backgrounds really standout on the white plastic of Jazz. Other than that, they look great and really give a G1 feel to this new figure.

13. Budokhan

Thanks very much & Glad you like 'em! I'd love for them to be the set that Delta & the gang at Reprolabels use but I'm guessing they already have a set in the works seein as how they've already got TRACKS covered. Who knows, maybe I'm wrong & this is do-able after all?

I dunno if they'd be able to make set exactly as i have it tho, so many corporate sponsor names that most likely couldn't be used without licensing & God knows I wouldn't want anything bad to happen to Reprolabels!

14. Budokhan

I absolutely agree with ya, the only reason these look the way they do is that I got a little too excited to see what JAZZ would look like with them on so I printed out a set as soon as I finished them! Also this is really just a test shot to make sure the decals are the correct size & colors. The white outline around them is only because of the white label paper I printed them on & the intent for the final set is exactly as you stated: printed on clear decal paper so that the images have no white surround & the only white in them will be as part of the decal design artwork itself!

And thanks very much btw for the kind words! I'm very glad you feel they give him the G1 look I was shooting for! :D 

15. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Why do all the pics have "BK 2010" on them? Are you using a Burger King camera or something?

16. Budokhan

:lolol  Nah,thats just my sig for my pics! used ta work at BK years ago & with my screen name being BudoKhan, it just seemed to fit! :D 

............Then again, could be all the customs I do are prototypes for a new happy meal toy line......... :wink: 

17. Budokhan

Okay guys, i just wrote to Delta @ reprolabels about my decal set for RTS Jazz so now its just a matter of waiting to hear back from him! I'll let you all know what I hear as soon I as hear it, K?

Cheers!
    ~BK

18. Teletran

Teletran Witty title not included

i like it, but it just seems a bit too "busy" for me. actually, i just dont like the ones on the side lol might still but a set if its made and pick the ones i like the best. oh, and i love the indiana plate since i live there lol

19. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    Great! Get in contact with Reprolabels and finalize them! :) 

20. Budokhan

Glad you like the set & I totally understand your thinking! Myself, I love when there's alot to look at on custom stuff. Also,I was going also for the look of the car that the original JAZZ was based off of:
    [​IMG]
    Which is why the sides are so busy! :D 
    Thats cool that your from Indiana man! Can you guess what the numbers on the plate mean?

Already did! Seems I'm a day late & a dollar short! D'OH!! :(