Minor/Repaint: RTS Battlechargers CONCEPT

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by SMOG, Mar 3, 2011.

1. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Anybody make this obvious suggestion yet? I'm sure I'm not the first to think of it. :D 

Just a concept so far... nothing really modded. Just stuck an alternate head on and digibashed the colours a bit. I only have one Tracks, so I'll have to wait till I can pick up some doubles (or more likely, wait for Wheeljack to do Runamuck).

zmog

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Shadowbreaker

Shadowbreaker ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

News Credits:
    Yes!

I really like how this looks. Might have to does this myself sometime... I am curious though... What is the alternate head from?

3. SMOG

It's from Armada Cyclonus, with little "mask" made out of black tape. I'm planning on gluing a permanent plastic faceplate on in the future, but this works for the moment. :) 

I think this'll be a really EASY custom for most people, especially considering that with the Wheeljack mold, it'll mainly just be removing the factory deco and swapping the head. The real question is whether Hasbro is going to do this themselves... it seems too obvious to miss!

zmog

4. DJCHARTERS

DJCHARTERS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ive been itching to do this but i haven't bashed in ages, and don't want to ruin 2 new figures trying this. i have a spare universe runabout (or is it runamuk, the one from the armada sideswipe mold) that i bought just for the head for this bash. i wonder if that would be an ok size for this. these look awesome though

5. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Looks good from where I stand and seems to be minimal work involved. :thumb  I may have to give this a try as well. :p  Maybe Reprolabels could give us a Tracks/Wheeljack to Runabout/Runamuck sticker upgrade.

6. Skyripper

Skyripper Seeker

I had this same idea a while ago when I saw the first images of tracks with the mistransformed pics. it works so well. the digibashes you've done really prove the theory. does that head fit when transformed?

7. Long_Haul

Long_Haul N*ggacon

Bro, you dont need our say so, GO, GET TO THE CHOPPER & HIT THE HOBBY STORE.............NOW!!!!!!

8. kingnothing80

kingnothing80 Well-Known Member

Holy crap!! Perfect height and everything! That's it right there, slap some paint on with a new head and your done. Very impressive sir.

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Hot damn, this is a good idea.

10. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    you jerk! I had the same mold picked for v3 of these guys...just waiting for the local stores to stock them.

11. Miggytron

Miggytron Slag Sucking Saurian

Yup I've been itching to do this for a while but wanted to wait for Wheeljack to do it since he has the heel wheel things. Awesome idea for the head though!

12. SonUhva

SonUhva Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Looks awesome. I made them too. I had trouble taking the flames out.

13. jmart

jmart Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Wow !!! Thanks bro . My Target has plenty of traks have 2 go get one just for this

14. kdog

kdog Well-Known Member

:bay :bay :bay :bay :bay i think you just started a new trend cause i have extras but did not know what to do with them. this is:bay  badass awesome.

15. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

I have been pining for the Runa-twins and couldn't think of a good mold. This rather works! The head actually attaches correctly though? IIRC Armada Cyclonus has sort of a pin/swivel neck. Does Tracks have the same?

16. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Yeah, I thought of this a while back too, though I still lack any version of the mould yet (that should change soon :) ). Nicely done. :D 

17. Brunkion76

Brunkion76 HE>i

Ha, nice. I've had 2 Tracks and 2 Runamucks forever with a plan to do these, just waiting to finish my Throttlebot project before I do them, and because i'm lazy and didn't think of it at the time, waiting for Wheeljack to drop. I did take the head off the Cybertron Runamuck and it seems to me that there will have to be some cutting in the chest of Tracks and some shaving of the Runamuck head to make it work, but who didn't see the potential for this to happen, right lol? Do it my man!

18. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Dammit, you beat me to it. I have been working o nthese guys for two weeks. That will teach me to take so long. In either event, nice stuff, and at least I can see waht these guys would look like all done up.

19. Grimlock'N'Load

Grimlock'N'Load Well-Known Member

God damn house move I had been working on these but had no time to get them done. If you cut the silly bit of white plastic a bit you can get the to sit lower making them appear less stumpy. I have used the knee caps and the white wings to make the head on mine. Nice work.

20. SMOG

Thanks for the feedback guys! :) 

I think that head might be too big. It's pretty thick, and Tracks has a pretty small head. Unfortunately, I don't have that mold anymore, so I can't test it for you, but I don't think it'll fit.

Ha! Hm. Because I haven't permanently attached the head yet, I haven't tested it... but I should do that. It looks about the same size as Tracks' head. I'll update when I get a chance to check it.

Haha! I figured I'd have to beat you to the punch! I know how much you love the Battlechargers.

I haven't even started modding yet. I just live to spoil. :lol 

Huh, wha? Heel-wheel things? What do you mean? Aren't they pretty much the same? I know that Wheeljack has different plates on the reverse side of the legs so the knees will bend, but I didn't know the heels/wheels were different.

I was wondering how hard it would be to kill those flames. Was rubbing alcohol not enough?

Dammit! No fair! My province seems to have skipped RTS Wave 1 entirely! I had to import this one Tracks... I'm stuck waiting for more to show up (and I'll be competing with every other local collector... sigh...).

zmog