RTS Battle in Space Cyclonus arm broke?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SectorStar, Jan 13, 2011.

1. SectorStar

SectorStar Knightcron

So I just bought this two pack today and while trying to transform Cyclonus at the part where you pull down the arms, the socket part came out and I can't get it back on tight. The socket doesn't appear to be broke, but I can't get it to stay snug. Is this common with this figure? I'd really hate to take this whole thing back.....

Below is a pic that contains what I'm trying to explain.

[​IMG]

2. Kup-is-Dion

Kup-is-Dion Lord Cthulhu

That sucks! My Cyclonus was perfect. You might want to take that set back and exchange it.

3. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Yeah, I'd certainly advise this as well while these sets are still on the shelves.

4. SectorStar

SectorStar Knightcron

The shoulder part can still connect ok, however with that arm being the only one that you can hold the gun in, it makes it loose and pops off a lot. Transforming won't work too well either with having to put the thing on and off either. If I just bought this as a stand alone figure I'd deal with it, but for 20 bucks....I think I'll just get a refund, that Rodimus figure really isn't that great. Maybe I'll just go buy some new games tomorrow beings none of the stores here seem to be getting the dinobots or constructions, which are the only other things I really want here. The "newest" thing any of the stores have here is Wave 1 of RTS and this two pack and thats it.

5. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    One of mine was like that, I just kept wiggling it down till it looked down all the way, then tried tightening the screw inside that joint. I am not sure if it actually tightened the screw, or just spread out the inside part enough to lock them together. Seems alright now, unless I really want to try to get it apart.

6. SectorStar

SectorStar Knightcron

Thats another thing I did! I tried to see if I could pop the other one off to replicate it, but that one is pretty tight, never got it loose which tells me its not meant to detach that way at all and probably why I'm having no luck in fixing it.

7. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    I would take it back, looking at mine again now, and it still seems to be a little looser than the other one. Not as bad as it was (fell off in the package when I removed him), but other than that, you would have to build up the lip on the pivot (glue/nailpolish). Not something I am gonna bother with on mine.

8. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I had one like that too. The little plastic caps with the screws in the middle were not 'bloomed' out properly enough to hold the joint together securely. If you don't want to return it, you can disassemble the joint and pry/bend apart the outer edges of the cap, then reassemble. It worked for mine, anyway.

9. PikaManiac

PikaManiac Well-Known Member

Just return it.

10. DJCHARTERS

DJCHARTERS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ive just bought this set and im waiting for it to arrive. the Q/C problems are really worrying me

11. robowarrior

robowarrior Arcee's BF

News Credits:
    Yup...take it back...

12. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    same thing happened to mine, took awhile to fix, I noticed there is a design diffrence between this cyclonus and the original Classics release right in this spot.

13. Rewind

Rewind Be Kind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The problem (at least on mine) is that the screw they used for the little round clip that the black arm connects to is not the correct screw: it's head is too big and the threads are different. If you compare the screws on both sides you'll probably notice that the screw head for the side that doesn't hold is bigger than the other side. What happens is the screw, since the head is too big, stretches the plastic clip and makes it bulge out at the sides which then keeps the connector arm from getting a proper hold on it.

I removed the screw and tried to replace it with one of the correct size but it wouldn't fit tightly because the screw hole was ruined from having the incorrect screw forced into it.

My advice: Exchange it. It's not an easy thing to fix and chances are your replacement will be fine. I don't know why they switched to screws in the first place - the original Cyclonus has pins there instead of screws.

14. Dr. Prime

Dr. Prime Dr. Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is what happens when they reuse a mold too much. As everyone else has recommended, take it back and get a new one while you can. Chances are it will be better, although, it may not. I find with many repaints that the quality of the toys decrease.