RROD Fixed?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Teletran-1, Feb 28, 2009.

1. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Well-Known Member

2. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    haven't they been saying they fixed it for about a year?

3. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    When the hell did they ever say THAT? I had my 360 for nearly a year and it RROD'd on me last Halloween. That's not what I call progress (neither is their automated repair service, it's a FUCKING NIGHTMARE).

As for the the idea of the RROD getting fixed, Microsoft should have done it WHEN THEY FIRST NOTICED IT. Instead, they decided to be a-holes and be lazy for more than three years.

4. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    I don't think so. I think they're been "working on it" and offering improved performance 360-wise.

EDIT I left part of my thought out there. Let me try again

5. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:
    I used the automated repair system last november, was pretty easy. I sent mine in, got the coffin within a few days, and a different system back in less then 2 weeks.

6. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    no jaspers have been reported to RROD yet.

unfortunately, despite buying my console in december, it is not a jasper.

so it will die some day.

hopefully it will be replaced by a jasper or something even better when it does.

but I have it laying down, well ventilated, I don't let it idle if I'm not playing it, and I install every game I own to the hard drive so the disc drive has probably only been run maybe 30 minutes through the system's entire life.

I'm taking every precaution possible.

but it will still die.

:D ?

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    *Touch wood* I've never RR'd, and I hopefully won't. *touch wood*

8. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    I hope they can permanently fix it mines starting to act up but hopefully its just cause of all its use as of late and not RROD *knock on wood*

9. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    the two are directly linked. RROD is caused by the processor getting hot enough for the solder points to weaken. using it a lot will cause that.

since the processor is directly beneath the disc drive, you can lessen the heat generated by installing all your games to the hard drive.

10. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    I've got a Falcon and have never had a problem.

11. stuntacon1

stuntacon1 Banned

mine had the e71 error and i was told by microsoft "owell" so i just traded everything in and got a ps3. with all of the harware issue's and the class action lawsuits and now a lesbian being kicked off of live by microsoft i dont belive that xbox will be around to much longer. i belive that if your going to spend your hard earned money on something that it should last longer than a year, it's not like where are talking about a cellphone here.

12. samtheman

samtheman Well-Known Member

My elite that I had 3 years ago RRoD once. I sent it into Microsoft and it came back in 11 days. Service was great IMO, some people just get really pissy when they don't get their [place random 360 game here] fix.

As long as you take good care of your 360 and play it less then 4 hours a day, it works great. People leave their 360 in the corner of their dusty room and leave it on all day and wonder why it breaks....

13. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sorry, but there are too many RROD occurences JUST to be people who don't take care of their system. Everyone I know who owns one and lots of people on this board who many are adults and as far as I know taking good care of their systems had it happen to them, and some hardly played their systems.

Anyways, they can say whatever they want. If those who get this supposed fix do not have it happen after 1 or two years, then I will be convinced.

14. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    Well that's not entirely true. Both my room mates have had to get their 360 model's sent in for repair.

Both units are in far better condition than mine and less than a year old. The roomie with the Elite has a completely different model than mine. His power cable won't fit into mine; so I'm not sure if it's a Jasper or not.

Mine unfortunately gets played for 10 plus straight on my days off and has been knocked over many times because of three cats living in my house. Granted, it runs incredibly loud and incredibly hot; it's still chugging along.

All older model 360's will red ring at some point. It's like the seasons changing.

15. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

People love to bitch, but I had no issues with MS' customer service. Mine was back under the TV within seven days.

16. samtheman

samtheman Well-Known Member

Oh and mine happened while playing a used copy of Oblivion so that might have had something to do with my RRoD.

17. Wingsbr

Wingsbr Christian TF Fan :)

News Credits:
    Both "consoles" have been known to break. Granted one tends to be in the shop a lot more then others, but I am just happy to be blessed enough to have both so if one breaks I can play the other.

18. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    Come to think of it, yesterday my 360 was acting up when I turned it on. I got the dreaded error screen (lower left RROD), so I turned it off. Then the second time it loaded up no problem.

*Goes into fetal position, rocks back and forth* Don't take away my 360 again...

19. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Installing the games really helps? How can you do that?

20. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For me it's not even that.... It's like going to buy a car, and them saying... "Your car will break, and it will probably break WAY before everyone else's care model break, and it will break even if you take care of it, and it will break sometimes at the most inconvenient times, but I'll tell you what, when it does break, we will replace it free of charge."

So yes, MS does a great job of fixing it, but it's still you having to do something that almost no other piece of electronics makes you do (potentially send it in for repairs more than once in its lifetime). And MS has almost made it OK to have RROD, to where people say, "it's ok, it's really ok, MS will fix it for you free and they have it back to you fast."

It's actually not OK. They should have fixed it when it first came up, and they should have replaced everyone's system with the 100% fixed version. A lot of wide recalls have this call to action.

I havent had any with my Elite, but I had 3 with my original, and one of them was right after buying Oblivion. So it wasn't me needed to get a fix that pissed me off. It was me wanting to play a game that I have waited years for and finding out that now I had to wait again (this was before MS had their deal going, so I had to wait for Gamestop to get new ones.)