RPM vs Speed Stars Metal Heroes question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by megatroptimus, Aug 10, 2010.

1. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    I bought some new Speed Stars Metal Heroes tonight (red Ironhide, Highway Patrol Barricade and Bumblebee) and noticed the robot under is severely underpainted compared to what we saw with the RPM versions. What's on going there? I know there's a black die-cast Ironhide and another HP Barricade that looks identical to the new one released under the RPM Metal Heroes series. Can someone confirm if the robots undernearth are painted with just one color like they are now in Speed Stars or multiple colors like older RPMs?

2. megatroptimus

News Credits:
    Anyone?

3. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    The RPMs have more paint apps. The underneath are painted in a lot more detail.

Also, NEST Bumblebee has more black stripes on the vehicle mode. The Speed Stars version only has the badge on the door. Him and Ironhide have the biggest differences IIRC.

But yeah, Speed Stars all have fewer paint apps on the bottom. The RPMs which only came out in the Philippines and other Asian markets were fully painted on the bottom.

4. megatroptimus

News Credits:
    Thanks! I'll have to get the RPM versions then.

5. engledogg

engledogg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    RPMs Metal Heroes Jetfire, Optimus Prime, and Bumblebee have been popping up at Dollar Tree stores (where everything is $1), so if you're in the U.S., and you've got one of those near you, check for them there.

I can confirm that those three are/were available as I've found them myself, but as for the rest of the other RPMS Metal Heroes (Highway Patrol Barricade, Barricade, Ironhide, Soundwave, or Sideswipe), I haven't found them and really haven't read anything about them showing up, so I don't think they've been released in the States.

MIKE
    engledogg

6. megatroptimus

News Credits:
    There are 2 different versions of Barricade done in die-cast? What's the other like?

7. engledogg

News Credits:
    I think I'm wrong on there being two Barricades...

I thought I read way-back-when that the 8th figure in the RPMs Metal Heroes was Barricade, back when pictures of a loose Metal Heroes Jetfire showed up - and I vaguely recall that the Barricade (who was photographed in the same pictures as the then-new Jetfire) looked exactly like the Commander Series version and was described as being diecast.

But for the life of me, I can't find those photos/that conversation, or any real definitive confirmation on who the 8th figure was...so, I could be totally wrong, which has been known to happen once or twice. ;) 

Lockdown is Speed Stars Metal Heroes #8 of 8, so if the Speed Stars numbering correlates directly with the RPMs, then the 'Barricade being #8 for RPMs' information is totally incorrect.

Does anyone have RPMs Metal Heroes Sideswipe, who should be #7 of 8, that may have the cross-sell for #8 listed on the back? Or, better yet, have #8 of 8, whomever that may be?

MIKE
    engledogg

8. megatroptimus

News Credits:
    I'm telling you, that line of mini cars is the most confusing of all times.

9. engledogg

News Credits:
    Haha, yep. :) 

MIKE
    engledogg

10. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    Besides the lesser paint apps, Speedstars have black wheels too...