Rounding out the Transformers: War For Cybertron chassis

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Transformed, May 17, 2010.

1. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If it were up to you, what Transformer(s) would you add to the Autobot’s side or the Decepticon’s side to balance the ratio of chassis per side or to level the playing field?

Since the Autobots lack warriors (tank chassis) I think Perceptor would make for an interesting addition in this area. I don’t know if his personality fits the mold, but his body fits quite nicely.

Taking liberties on a character’s alternate mode on someone like Blaster who’s alternate mode is a cassette, I think he’s make for an interesting tank, too; he’s got the name for it, after all ;) 

2. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Grimlock for Tanks. Dragstrip for scouts for the cons.

3. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

[​IMG]

4. ronin0510

ronin0510 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Lol I've thinking about perceptor as a tank for a while now.

5. HIM666fan

HIM666fan DINOBOT

News Credits:
    slipstream and arcee still need to get announced so we are safe to bet there will be a few more bots added to both sides.

DS version has 30 bots in total which is pretty bad ass if you ask me...You would think they would even out each class at least but hey they might wait for DLC to do that.

6. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I can see why High Moon Studios had a hard time finding Autobots to feel their Warrior Class—there aren’t that many Autobot tanks. There are a bazillion cars/trucks and a good number of jets and animals, but tanks are few and far between. Without taking some serious liberties here and there or creating an all-new character, which I wouldn’t mind, there are going to be very few Autobot warrior chassis.

Using existing characters would be ideal, IMHO, but some characters have their alternate modes worked into their names or names that reference their alternate modes, which might make changing a character from one thing to another.

Reflector for example, has three parts that form into one, right—Spy Glass, View Finder and Spectro. Some might find it odd, but I’d love to see them in War For Cybertron. I’d have their alternate modes segmented parts of a larger vehicle, some sort of war machine. I’d break the members in to three categories: Spy Glass (scout), View Finder (warrior) and Spectro (scientist).

The Insecticons, too, would be a nice addition to the cast. Similar to what I did with Reflector, I’d break them up into three classes: Kickback (scout), Bomb Shell (warrior) and Shrapnel (scientist)—I don’t recall War Within all that well, but were they given modes like jets, tanks or cars?

Leader Class-wise, Motor Master and Onslaught could pick up the slack in this area, but others would have to be field with characters from other Transformer lines or do some serious alterations on the animal-based alternate modes. I would love to see a vehicle take on the Predacons (Predaking).

7. Sorrow Six Star

Sorrow Six Star Close Countach

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oddly enough I would roll a tank named Tracks it fits the mode.

8. MenasorMaster

MenasorMaster Stunticon Warrior

there were enough autobot tank beside warpath
    Hardhead, Flak, Sidetrack, Big Shot, Signal Flare, Scattorshot, Perceptor etc.

9. Sorrow Six Star

Sorrow Six Star Close Countach

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Scattorshot is more of a Jank. Lol

10. King Henrik

King Henrik Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    hardhead in the game would be awesome. He is one of the few tf's that sort of survived my childhood. lol

11. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Whoa. I’m going to have to goggle a few of these guys. I only remember Scattorshot (wasn’t he a jet?) and Perceptor.

12. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah he was jet with a big cannon. But he also had a base mode as well. Hardhead was a headmaster tank.

13. MenasorMaster

MenasorMaster Stunticon Warrior

I mean cybertron scattorshot, he was something similar to a tank.

14. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, I noticed after I googled a few of the names that a few of them were from outside of the original run of Transformers, coming for a different line, which is fine. What I was trying to say in my post was that without taking liberties or adding new characters, you would have to go outside of G1 to make up for a lack of chassis. The Autobots were mostly cars, and the Decepticons jets.

I wouldn't be against changing an alternate mode here or there, as this game takes place pre-Earth--Prime could have been a tank and I wouldn't have cared. We all know know that once they get to Earth Teletran-1 gives them new modes anyway, so I don't see what the problem, here is really, but I can see some arguing this or that over a mode change, but if you've accepted Megatron, Soundwave or even Bumblebee's new look, this isn't really all that different, imho.