Heavy/Scratch: Rough Sculpt Classics Hound Bash (2nd Bash)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by kalron, Mar 21, 2008.

1. kalron

kalron Technician/Sculptor

Here are some shots of a rough sculpt I did for a Classics Hound. Using a Movie Landmine and some Plasticine Clay I tested this out. I need to do some shaving of the legs and remove the black rollbar on the back of the cab to get his arms to fit and to transform, but it will work. The final piece will be made out of Apoxy Putty.

Any suggestions before I go for the permanent putty?

Attached Files:

2. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

Maybe add some other little details such as panel lines or access panels on his arms. Lanmine has a lot of small details and I'm afraid after you go to paint him, they will clash instead of look like it was supposed to be that way.

Aside from that, I think he looks really cool.

3. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    Yes I think that looks rather good.

I also LOVE your technique of doing a rough-fit-test with plasticine in prep for Apoxie Sculpt. Brilliant idea!

D/L

4. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Interesting idea. I wanted to turn this mold into Hound... even did a digibash a while back in this forum... but it bugged me the way the arms especially were so skeletal. This is an intriguing fix you've got on the go here... I'm really looking forward to see how it works out!

zmog

5. kalron

kalron Technician/Sculptor

Yes, I was planning on doing some Dremel details once I used Apoxy to get the fine details.

Thank you, its like sketching for a 2d artist...something a sculptor does.

Yea, I hated the arms and legs most of all. I had to forgo the seats, but I prefer the more animated look of the boxy arms and legs. I also had to get rid of the feet, those tanks bug the crap out of me.

I see someone else did a head sculpt, I can't wait for this one to be complete. I'm hoping to have minimal painting once I go to the Apoxy. Thanks for all the comments.