ROTTEN TOMATOES: Exclusive: Latest on Transformers 3 with Lorenzo di Bonaventura

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by TM2 D-bot, Jul 22, 2009.

1. TM2 D-bot

TM2 D-bot Forsight Into the Future Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Article for Rotten Tomatoes:

2. Sentinel Pax

Sentinel Pax Well-Known Member

I'd love for them to steer clear of Unicron and Mini-cons, personally. He's right, Devs was huge, and a planet-sized robot just seems like too much for the "realism" of the movies. I'd rather they focused on making a better-scripted movie this time around and make me feel something for the characters. Or just more forest-scene style fighting. But preferably both.

3. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Primus please... no mini-cons..

4. n_tel_ekt

n_tel_ekt Wreaker

AGREED! Unicron is too big to work in a live action movie... Glad he mentioned Galactus cuz that was a stupid idea to try pulling off anyway (and still they had to turn his ass into a... wait for it... SCARY CLOUD!

Also, there are already too many damn "mini" "cons" in TF2... That "gilletticon" mach 5 razor bot is still pissing me off!

5. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm against Unicron too but I don't know if his particular reasoning is the best argument.

6. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

....he's right. I didn't think about it in those terms.

Mimi-Cons would be great for the kids, and they'd be adorable, basically the Gizmo (Gremlins) of Transformers, and the audience would go d'awwwww (I'd be one of them.)

The question is, how do you switch gears like that? How do you go from inter galactic epic to worldwide epic treasure hunt/meaning of life, to d'awwwww?

I'm sure it could be done, but it wouldn't be easy, nor an enviable task.

7. Acid Wing

Acid Wing Senior Alien TF Member

News Credits:
    Leave Unicron out for the time being. I'm not too keen on the minicon idea (I love the figs), but thought those rabid Allspark-infused household appliances were similar to Minicons (albeit w/o the whole powerlinking aspect).

IMO, there's plenty of dead Cybertronian bodies and weaponry around for human governments or organizations to exploit against both the Autobots and Decepticons....

8. st.ranger

st.ranger Emperor of Destruction

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No Unicron. Bay already screw up Devastator. If Unicron will be in third part, how many screen times he got? I bet 10 minutes until he die.

9. blackout501st

blackout501st ultimate enforcing hound

meh, minicons would not bother me. just as long as they don't go on a scavenger hunt for them.

AND PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, NO UNICRON OR GALVATRON!!!!!!!/SIZE]

hes right. unicron would just be to big. it would take them forever to do just one frame of him at ilm. besides, i think they can come up with a better threat than unicron. maby even make up a new threat. abd as far as galvatron, i liked it when it happened in g1, but the unicron trilogy kinda ruined it for me. so leave galvatron out. megatron is just as good as he is now. he dosn't need an upgrade. that's why i was happy when prime got rid of the jetfire parts when he was done. he doesn't need to be continuously powered up ether. its just he could have been a little more nice about it. like he could have at least said "gee, thanks jetfire!" or something.

10. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They already put in "mini"cons

11. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm sure Unicron can be worked in while maintaining a good level of human emotion. Just not sure what write could do that though. Mini Cons? Yeah, well glad he isn't the only one making decisions. TF2 had minicons and they're entertaining for some gags but if the story focused on them... well, they aren't big f**king robots and seeing big f**king robots on the screen is one of the main guilty pleasures of enjoying these movies.

12. cleazer

cleazer Lost in the lights

News Credits:
    I'm not a big fan of Minicons, but they'd be a hell of a lot better than Unicron. Unicron is just too big, too final, too absurd of a concept. The odds of them doing Unicron correctly on the big screen are extremely slim.

13. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Unicron I feel could work, although you'd have to play up the "Dark God" aspects of him and give him a smaller avatar to interact with the rest of the cast while the gigantic planet eater hovers in the background. In other words, a radical departure that would be unlike how the character has ever been shown (except that one sequence where he spoke through Sideways in Armada).

But if you are going to do that, why not throw in one of the other "cosmic horror" class villains? Devil Z, Majin Zarak, Violen Jager, The Vok, The Swarm (G2) all have unique merits that would allow them to function within a Movie, as a big bad, and none are as frequently employed as Unicron.
    I could see Violen Jager's unique origin playing into the Movie brilliantly given the sheer numbers of defeated Transformers - you could have this mysterious beast, born out of the destruction of the Allspark killing Megatron in 2007, further fueled by the deaths of two Primes in 2009, finally emerging to consume all life on Earth and then move out into the galaxy.
    (Plus, he could animate the destroyed Transformers to fight for him, so ILM could reuse the models of those TFs killed in the first two films).

Point is, there are plenty of excellent big bads and villain concepts that Transformers could utilize without touching Unicron for a good long while.

14. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, I would like them to maintain some mass fan appeal, and being a pretty big fan myself, besides "The Swarm" I know none of these besides some vague mentionings.

15. X-Brawn

X-Brawn Well-Known Member

Transformers 3: I want to tell you about the Transformers!

16. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    What about Jiaxus and his seperate Cybertronian society (that used the exact same recolored symbol from the G2 Decepticons)? I mean, it's pateticaly easy to make up a basic story for him!

...Long ago, back when the Autobot/Decepticon wars started, Jiaxus refused to take sides in the conflict, so he and his legions of followers departed the then-still-active Cybertron to settle/conquer new worlds for the cybertronian race. Fast foward to the present, where in the process of still-looking for habitale, Cybertronian-supporting planets, Jiaxus and what's left of his followers stumble upon the wreckage of the Nemesis, finding stuff about how the AllSpark ended up on the Planet earth, The FAllen getting out of the Sarchoughagus, blah blah blah you get the point. Jiaxus, thinking he can use Sam (or whatever's left of the AllSpark in Sam's brain) to create a new cybertron, launches what he hopes to be a final step in finally creating his own Cybertronian Empire.

I know the "AllSpark put crap in Sam's brain" bit was used in ROTF and should not be used in the third movie, but that's only a rough idea and can be changed.

17. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    I would rather see Unicron than mini cons. In fact, I never want to see mini cons. They should do Soundwave and his minions.

18. Mr.Sci-Fi

Mr.Sci-Fi Bite my shiny Metal (_l_)

News Credits:
    I wanted unicron before rotf came out, they really missed their chance of bringing him in and having megs be rebuilt into galvatron and the fallen be his disciple like he should of been. Now I don't know, I want the story to tell more about the cube and it's creation. If that means bringing in unicron and primus that's what should be done for the story. Sam still has the allpsark power in him so they most definitely need to come to a conclusion to that. I think about how the next sory could go without unicron, primus and some galactic importance of the allspark, it's going to need a really big ending.

19. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    i remember that movie Executive Decision

20. jala12

jala12 Fiery Adventurer

I just want the Dinobots.