RoTF's impact on future media?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by AniProwl, Oct 19, 2009.

1. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    I was wondering what it would be?

Like how in Animated Red Alert turned to Ratchet and Hot Shot turned to Bumblebee. Don't forget how the AllSpark took a major role in the show.

What about the next series?

Will Jetfire have a bigger role?

Will combining make a comeback?

Will there be something along the lines of N.E.S.T?

What do you think?

2. Attacker_Prime

Attacker_Prime Optimus Prime forever

I just hope they do decent combining.

3. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Remember that Ratchet and Bumblebee were more prominent characters than Hot Shot and Red Alert as far back as G1. It could have been that, as much as it could have been the movie. Jetfire as well, was a G1 character.

As people have speculated, a new series could tie closely into the movieverse, or even take place in it.

I think we'll see the biggest influence of ROTF will be on TF3. Other than that, I can't help but think that TF2 will become just another source of material for writers and designers to draw from as they make new, unique incarnations of Transformers.

4. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Hot Shot and Red Alert were introduced in Armada for trademark reasons, among other things. "Ratchet" would have only been possible as a toy as "Autobot Ratchet", and Hasbro didn't use "Autobot" prefixes in "main" lines prior to the movie line. "Bumblebee" was entirely off-limits by that point. And since by that time, neither Ratchet nor Bumblebee were really considered prominent characters beyond G1, Hasbro had no problem creating new characters that filled in the same archetypes using names that were available as trademarks.

The 2007 movie changed all that. Animated Bumblebee was originally intended to be Hot Shot until the movie made "Bumblebee" an iconic name again.

5. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    It might lower standards, for one. And possibly elevate the roles of human characters.

6. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    oooh, good question!

The media may go for more combining since it was a major spectacle during the trailers first trailers.
    Jetfire might not return, but this cannot be confirmed anytime soon. And NEST could be more sophisticated than in ROTF, with AUtobots in every state, searching for any decepticons in their trails.

7. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Red Alert was a character in G1. He simply wasn't a big character until Armada. I'm not saying they were prominent characters in other mediums, though Bumblebee certainly was in G1, and Ratchet was big in the comics. My point was that the movie drew from a lot of previous ideas in Transformers (much like every other series has), and will likely be a similar source of ideas for future projects. I don't think just because its the movie, that we'll necessarily see everything be based on the movie as a result.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2009
  8. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm expecting stuff like old Jetfire or the Dinasty of the Primes being in used in more than two or three comics.

9. ryan.j

ryan.j Well-Known Member

i think the new cartoon will be set in the movie continuity, but well outside the events of the movie. young jetfire adventures or some such shit.

it will also be in 3d.

10. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    The Matrix of Leadership may come back as the main macguffin.

11. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    Holy sh*t this :D 

12. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    ugh, I hope there's no combining. I HATE anything involving Prime combining, the only bots that should combine are combiner teams

13. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Well said. I hope the next series brings a majority of the gesalts back. None of the Optimus and his special partner combine business.

14. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

I hope the movies do spawn some kind of anime, maybe as a DVD series as opposed to television. I know the movies aren't everyone's cup of tea, but I think there's a lot of room to expand the Movieverse. I think it would take traditional animation to make it happen though, because Devastator melted a computer :p .

I think that whatever Hasbro might have up its sleeve, they'll tie it somewhat into the familiar faces from the movies. Just to get name recognition for characters and get new personalities to tap into the faces that the audience will already know from the films.

Beyond that, I don't think ROTF's influence has a whole lot to do with much else except TF3 :) 

15. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike I Drank What?

Ebay:

I seriously hope so too,since the movie is like in the top 10 highest grossing
    movie of all time,people seem to like the designs,so why not have the
    next series based on them,plus I am not sure how most feel bout this but
    after watching kids cartoons and the real life tf's on the big screen,I would
    so be over the moon happy to see the real deal on tv.I mean if the can do
    shows in CG then why not the next TF tv show?.

16. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    G1 Red Alert was "paranoid security guy". Armada Red Alert was "medic". Two different character archetypes that just happened to have the same name. Basically, Armada Red Alert is Ratchet's role with a different name. They're not the same "character" unless you go by Hasbro's logic where ROTF Ransack is a new version of Cybertron Ransack, who is a new version of G1 Ransack. ;) 

Yes, but they were long since forgotten by the target audience (read: KIDS) by then. Hasbro introduced new characters to fill in the role archetypes.

Well, the difference is that th movies are IN YOUR FACE big, so trying to deviate from them in a major way isn't really feasible for Hasbro right now.

17. Optronix_prime

Optronix_prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Im sure "the fallen" will be in the next cartoon whatever it be