RoTF- Who deserves a better mold?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Radioactive Ravage, Jul 6, 2009.

1. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

Some characters have been given absolutely great molds with the release of the new movie, but some are still lacking. In my opinion, these characters deserve better molds-

Megatron- Let's face it, the only accurate version of this guy is the new Voyager. I need a Leader Megs that is as imposing and he was in the movie!

Ironhide- No, he doesn't need a new head sculpt. No, he doesn't need new weapons. What we need is an Ironhide with the more brutish, compact look of the movie. Deluxe size would fit this just fine, really.

Ratchet- The original is a great figure, but just not as... movie accurate as the new line delivers. Hopefully, the new Deluxe Ratchet will satisfy this craving of mine.

Jazz- Holy hell, this guy needs a new mold. I don't care if he wasn't in Revenge of the Fallen. He's awesome, he got shafted with his last figure (you call those hands?). Human Alliance Jazz FOR THE WIN.

Bonecrusher- Hopefully his appearance in the film (yes, he was the one who killed Arcee) will spur them to release a new VOYAGER MOLD of this absolutely awesome character. With guns! Yeah, he has guns in RoTF!

Blackout/Grindor- We all know the complaints for this one. Prime jumped off of this guy's shoulders at the end of the Forest Fight- he's HUGE. And so, I believe it is only fair that the Transformer whose name is synonymous with the movie franchise should get a figure befitting his size! Leader Class, anyone? Or even better- the next Masterpiece?!

Anyone else you can think of?

2. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Devastator.

3. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    Blackout/Grindor. Though that ain't gonna happen, since he's been killed 2-for-2 now.

4. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd love to see Soundwave get something other than his midget deluxe figure. Blah. And of course there's Devastator (even if the 'combining' figure has ended up semi-movie accurate after all).

My only big issues with the new Megatron mold is you still can't turn the head at all, and the gimp arm (if it'd been in the film I wouldn't have minded, but he did have two hands). There are some other issues (the paint job's okay, the face looks like a Jack O Lantern), but overall I do like it.

I don't like Ironhide's transformation at all, but other than that he's okay...I wouldn't mind a mold that's slightly taller but still more stocky than lanky. I like Ratchet's mold a lot, but he could be a bit skinnier (though not Robot Replica-skinny) but the only thing I'd really change on the Voyager is his wimpy weapons (a can opener and a 'shield' thing?). Ratchet isn't much of a medic in either film, so giving him badass weapons would make up for it.

Jazz with actual hands would be great. Blackout/Grindor has been discussed multiple times. I'd be afraid to stand either Leader Prime on top of the Voyager to mimic the scene from RotF.

I wonder if the Ultra class size could've be used for movie figures to attack scale issues (Bonecrusher, throw in Brawl so Blackout could've gotten the Leader mold instead, even Starscream for those who want something taller than the Voyager) while throwing in the electronic bells and whistles for the kiddies.

5. newguy

newguy i

I do not agree with you on Ironhide. He was a big ass truck in the movie, so he's a voyager. I think it's a perfect size.

6. TfAnimatedfan

TfAnimatedfan Five. Dollar. Headband.

News Credits:
    Wheelie- I really need to stop bringing this guy up but he was awesome in the movie.
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, Screw Bumblebee, Ulitimate Wheelie FTW!!!

7. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Megatron - I'm confused why people keep saying he's more screen accurate. Sure he's got the jet mode, but he's freaking short and GREEN. I think the leader class figure is great personally.

Ironhide - disagree. He should not be a deluxe. The Chevy Topkick is one BEAST of a truck. If they do a HA of him, his truck mode might be a little more in scale.

Ratchet - eh, I'm good with his first movie toy.

As for Jazz, Bonecrusher and Blackout - AGREE wholeheartedly.

8. eisen

eisen "CUT ME SOME SLACKS!"

retool of breakaway to have better head placement please.

9. Transmetal

Transmetal Well-Known Member

Leader Megatron imo looks terrible! Make the Voyager Leader size and paint him right. Wheelie should be a scout and um.....why is Ironhide gray?

10. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Leader Class Megatron for his undersized left arm and an official triple changer mode.

11. Heat Guy

Heat Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Agreeing on Ironhide, he needs an entirely new mold.

12. perithimus

perithimus Well-Known Member

I would have to go with leader megatron. I like the Leader mold I just wish it was movie accurate.

13. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

oh "accuracy"... i've NEVER cared about accuracy. but then again i grew up with g1.

but personally accurate or not, Megatron, the leader class one, is my second favorite ROTF figure i own right now, Second to only Ransack.

personally i do not think any of them need "new" better molds. personally i LOVE the jazz mold.

on another note, i personally DO not care about size accuracy.

i mean in g1 we had guns, tape players, and mircoscopes, some of them BIGGER then most altermodes.

personally the only one i think that does need a better mold is the Devastator, but even the one we got, i will probably still buy because i think it looks just fine.

*though i will wait for the price to drop a BIT... :lol 

14. OmarJT82

OmarJT82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Fallen, as a Supreme class figure!

15. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    The fans want a bigger Bonecrusher
    Hasbro wants to make a bigger Bonecrusher

why don't we have a bigger Bonecrusher?

16. AllSparkd

AllSparkd O_O

Complete with dead pirate skeleton and algae paint apps!

17. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

supreme class figures tend to suck though...

18. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I want a new, more CGI accurate mold of Ironhide actually.

19. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Let me see... maybe a The Fallen that got more movie accurate sculpting/hat and his spear?

Oh oh and maybe a better Voyager Optimus.

A superior Ironhide would be cool too specially if he had lightpiped eyes.

20. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    The ROTF line is carrying on well into next year so he could be on the way.