ROTF Wave 3 Deluxes in the UK - What Gives?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Brooticus, Jul 17, 2009.

1. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    I've had ROTF Ravage and Mudflap (wave 3) on pre-order from Play.com for ages now, and I got an email from them this week saying "Unfortunately we are no longer able to source this product from our suppliers and are unable to fulfil your order."

Whats going on? Play.com are a pretty big supplier of media, gadgets and gizmos, and its not as if this a case of them simply being out of stock, they just wont be stocking it. Strangely they've even started putting pre-orders up for wave four, so it doesnt seem to be the case that they arent stocking TFs anymore. No other big online UK suppliers have wave 3 listed either.

Is this a problem at Hasbros end? Has nayone else noticed this problem?

Skids looks pretty lonely on my shelf - he needs his brother! And now the possibility of Mudflap being hard to find makes me want him even more! (ahem) I dont want to have to resort to buying off an unscrupulous Ebay Scalper, or even worse, paying the rediculous prices that Epicheroes.com command for imports.

I thought the fine fellows at Kapow toys would be a good bet, but alas, they're also out of stock of mudflaps!

Help!

2. The Mad Vulcan

The Mad Vulcan Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    You want me to purchase and send you one? They were certainly in stock at the local Walmart when I was there.

3. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    There were sightings at Forbidden Planet, in European packaging, which means they were sourced from Hasbro UK.

Granted, FP may not be an option for you, but it means they are in circulation.

4. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    One of the guys in the UK Sightings thread mentioned their preorders had lapsed as well.

Personally, I just decided to get mine from Kapow toys a month ago. There's so few shops that sell any TFs locally, and the Tescos ruins the packaging with anti-theft tags.

Not that I'm an MISB collector or anything, but it is the principle of buying a boxed toy that's been opened, had one of these tags punched through the middle of the plastic on the front, and sealed again.

5. Brooticus

News Credits:
    Thats a really kind offer, thank-you, but unfortunately i have no means of getting moniez stateside! And thats an offer i'd genuinely like to take advantage of!

6. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    They're still doing that? I saw some Animated stuff 'vandalised' like that earlier in the year in a Tescos but I've not seen it since. I was hoping they'd come to their senses. Maybe it's just store specific and yours gets a lot of TF stuff stolen.
    Still, for someone like me that reboxes my larger TF for storage after they've done a stint on display, having the box subjected to that before me even buying it would piss me off no end.

7. Brooticus

News Credits:
    I took your advice and went to the Forbidden Planet in Bristol, and lo and behold, they had Mudflap!!! I was so happy to find him. They also had ravage, which I was also looking forward to, but once i saw him in person, I didn't like the look of him.

They also had MP skywarp, Grimlock etc, as well as a load of henkei. I could live in that shop.