Minor/Repaint: ROTF Voyager Starscream and Ravage

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by VoiceActorDream, Jan 24, 2011.

1. VoiceActorDream

VoiceActorDream Well-Known Member

Hi everyone! First Transformers repaints ever (save a show accurate colored Universe Dinobot) so I hope I can get some nice input! :) 

[​IMG]
    Horrible isn't it?

[​IMG]
    I base painted the whole thing with silver spray paint and then I originally planned to drush brush it. However I was impatient and wanted to work on it so I coated my thumb with a black permanent marker and smeared it over the figure. It gave it a nice battle worn, burnt look.

[​IMG]
    My main reason for repainting this figure was simply because I hated the head. The bottom part was BLACK for some idiotic reason, and the eyes were HUGE. It also missed several colors and looked a bit too chunky so I carved away some plastic under the... cheeks (?). Now it doesn't look like a glued on brick anymore.

[​IMG]
    Here you can see the eye(s) better.

[​IMG]
    The clever arm mod was also applied, however I carved away the plastic with a tiny pair of scissors and a nail file (cause I don't have a dremel sad face).

[​IMG]
    Junk inside was painted with gold and some red, with a few hints of bronze. Then some black paint was smeared over again (cogs needs to be oiled, why not?).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Starscream transforms into a very dirty looking F-22.

[​IMG]
    I doubt he'd be well polished in a war anyway. X)

[​IMG]
    Now it's Ravage. Ravage was indeed mostly black in the movie. However he was pretty shiny looking from time to time so I based coated him in the same silver as Starscream and then sprayed black paint over that to give him a metalish look.

[​IMG]
    Before I even planned on painting him I fixed his eye. As much as I love purple it didn't fit.

[​IMG]
    These pics are pretty bad but he has a few bronzeish highlights (the cogs and some of the stripes on his lower side)

Please tell me what you think!

Attached Files:

2. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    using your thumb :D  OMG... well not bad at all dude! :) 

3. wolverenz

wolverenz Decepticon

News Credits:
    pretty cool bro, try using drybrush on ravage, it will be more fun to do :thumb 

4. Death333

Death333 Otherwise known as Dx3

News Credits:
    Starscream looks good! Just remember, there's no right or wrong way to do something so long as it works!

5. VoiceActorDream

VoiceActorDream Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for all your friendly comments! ^^

6. Cosbydaf

Cosbydaf Well-Known Member

Starscream looks really good in silver.

7. SonOfNemesis

SonOfNemesis Well-Known Member

Hey man, very good to see you have a hand at customizing and repaints. I would stay away from the permanent marker though for adding wear as there are easier ways to add the look you want. Shoot me a PM, I'd be happy to help you out with info/tips on your next custom :D  if you are interested.