Heavy/Scratch: RotF Voyager Megatron Accurate-ish

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Yaujta, Mar 20, 2010.

1. Yaujta

Yaujta Not a Bear TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    One of my favorite figures from the RotF line is Voyager Megatron. I can't really stand the leader version, so instead of working double to make one of those more accurate, I decided to update the better movie Megs.
    First, the murder arm had to be more movie accurate, so I got rid of the gears and created a new retractable blade. Secondly, I carved glyphs into the head, jaw, shoulder blade (which I elongated and sharpened), arm and back. Next, I replaced the hand with a Spawn Cyberunits hand. Not movie accurate, but I really thought it fit well. Then, I split the 'toes' and removed the wheels. Lastly, I wanted the backpack to fold up better, so I cut it into sections and added a ball joint from RotF Soundwave. It folds around nicely, eliminating the bulk of the kibble. Oh, I also added the long cod piece. No comment.

I'm used to using acrylics, but decided to try my hand at enamels. Well, I think I'm hooked as far as for painting figures with movable parts, as the enamel is much more durable than acrylic. Has a good finish as well.

This figure is off to eBay shortly. It was meant to be a personal piece for my own collection, but my car was recently stolen (liability doesn't cover that) and I need to replace a lot of stuff.

C/C welcome.

Attached Files:

2. fakebusker83

fakebusker83 Radicon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I love your murder claw!!!
    And I assume the left arm is not a 'missile fist'?

I'm sorry about your little mishap though. I would keep this one if I'm you..

3. Necrocom4

Necrocom4 Well-Known Member

wow dude. i never got a megatron cuz i didnt think he was that great as a toy. especially his leader class. but i think you just sold me on his voyager.

4. darrenmea9

darrenmea9 Well-Known Member

woow!! this is awseom!~ the vehicle mode pic looks exatly like the concept art!

5. Yaujta

Yaujta Not a Bear TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Thanks! The murder arm was made with layered styrene and putty, modeled after the CGI artwork. It actually retracts pretty well and is really sturdy.

I'll hate to sell it (if it sells), but priorities say it has to be done.

One of the best main-line movie figs. I highly recommend it.

I was hoping to get closer to the awesome concept stuff. Glad you approve!

6. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    You made it look MUCH better.

7. blobatron

blobatron Changeatron/Plumbot

WOW! you're the first person other than myself that has modded his blade to LOOK movie accurate rather than just beef it up or whatnot! Yours looks much better than mine does, Great job!

[​IMG]

and here's his other arm (fingers are scratch built and articulated individually)
    [​IMG]
    (its painted of course ,but my other pictures make it look like he only has 3 fingers instead of 4)

8. biscuits

biscuits Sin from Genesis

are these custom hands?