ROTF Voyager Blackout...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by butz, May 14, 2009.

1. butz

butz slippery when wet

I recall seeing a picture of him in vehicle mode on here a while back; have any robot mode pics of him surfaced?
    At this point it seems pretty damned unlikely that he'll get a new mold for ROTF, but I'm hoping that maybe they fixed some of my gripes with the mold from the first film; namely replacing his tiny, cruddy looking headsculpt and fixing the issue with the automorph feature in his chest. I know they've put a new head on this mold once (Evac) and for all I know they might've already corrected the automorph problem (only ever got the original release of this mold). They gave Bumblebee and Ironhide new heads and weapons for this release, as well as Barricade has a new accessory to help justify re-using the molds; could they have done the same thing for Blackout?

2. Razorwing

Razorwing The Fallen Alternity.

News Credits:
    He probably is still the same, just with a new paint. But I'm still hoping they will release a Leader Blackout.. still waiting on that one. The old Blackout isn't accurate at all!

3. butz

butz slippery when wet

News article that I saw the Blackout repaint in... have no robot mode pics shown up yet?

Last edited: May 14, 2009
  4. Sharktibolt

Sharktibolt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think we've seen robot pics of the voyager mold. But I believe we've seen a robot pic of the fast action battler called Grindor, which from all perspectives appears to be the same colors.

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    We haven't seen any full bot-mode pics, but there was a picture showing that it's using the original head. I'll see if I can find it.

Edit: Here they are, second post down:

http://www.tf08.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=464

Looks like he'll be a straight repaint. If I get him, it'll most likely be for a kitbash. Shouldn't be too hard to paint this guy red. As for if he's actually alive or not, I personally think he is, and his colors look in the trailer, maybe slightly faded, but definitely looked the same. It didn't look as though he really took all that much damage in the first movie. It's not like he was ripped in half, bombarded with attack after attack after attack, or accidentally hit himself in the spark chamber with his own weapon, or anything like that. Though it wouldn't be all that surprising, imo, if there was another Decepticon that had the same look as he did. Sort of like if Soundwave and Soundblaster had been brothers instead the same bot just brought back to life.

6. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    I don't think Blackout is in the movie. I realize it appeared he was in the trailer, but I think that may be a different 'Con that borrowed Blackout's alt-mode format. The color seems different on him. And, Blackout is dead.

7. Octavius Prime

Octavius Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Probably no new mold. Remember, he's supposed to get a voyager class Animated toy sometime this year.

8. butz

butz slippery when wet

Damn, that does look like the same old head. Although, those new paint apps make it look a little less cruddy. Oh well.