ROTF voices are r4ped!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by fateastray, Jun 23, 2009.

1. fateastray

fateastray AnakRepublikMalukuSelatan

I just got the ROTF Leader Class Optimus Prime, and instead of saying 'I Am Optimus Prime', like the US version, it just says 'Optimus Prime', when you push the button. I had a moment of O_O, so I went to the store, pressed more buttons, they all just said 'Optimus Prime'. Also, the ROTF Leader Class Megatron says only 'Megatron!!', rather than a full sentence.

I bought it in the Netherlands, don't know if this goes for the entire EU, but it sucks! What the Hell did they cut the voice-clip for!!!

2. xOPtimUsZErOx

xOPtimUsZErOx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It has been said a couple of times but from my understanding it is suppose to be more universal since english isn't the primary language everywhere.

3. fateastray

Oh sorry for making this thread. It's still ridiculous. Like for Germany, where they dub EVERYTHING, just get a new voice-over "Ich Bin Optimus Prime!!" -__-

Kinda feel like importing it now...

4. xOPtimUsZErOx

xOPtimUsZErOx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i heard a ton of EU guys are getting both or just importing ours

5. The Asp

The Asp Are we having fun yet?

So are the the voices from the movie, or just some generic voices?

If the voices are from the movie, does that mean Prime & megatron are referring to themselves in the third person?

Off topic:
    Ha Ha, you made a joke about rape, that's so "funny".

:throw 

6. fateastray

Wow, another conceited straight-arrow-fighter-for-justice, get over yourself.

I wouldn't mind changing the topic title if it offends you so much, but I don't know how to.

To answer your question, they are indeed still the voices of Peter Cullen en Hugo Weaving.

7. ElekTriC

ElekTriC Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    really dont mind that they changed the soundbit. atleast its still peter cullen. i think. they just removed the "i am" part with both figures. hope they will give jetfire something besides only "jetfire"

and not the money worth to import another version of the mold just for the sounds...

8. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agreed. I don't care about "I am".

Also I didn't even buy the toy for the voicebox, it could say nothing at all for all I care, even though Cullen rocks.

9. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

that's ok... i still got two of those g2 voice boxes, that pretty much says the same line. so i'm good :lol 

10. fateastray

I suppose so it's not worth buying it internationally, but still, it's just stupid. Like, with my Brawl, I just took out the batteries, there was TOO much sound, but this. This is Peter Cullen!

Guess I just think it's a bit of a shame, because I don't walk streets shouting my name, I'd at least shout 'I AM KRAGOR THE DESTROYER' (That's not my name, though)