ROTF video game PS2 feedback

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Vampyr, Jun 20, 2009.

1. Vampyr

Vampyr Shockwave loyalist

News Credits:
    Hi there!
    I just got the PS2 version, played, and finished the story mode....

my opinion:

it's just a simple "beat'them all" with somes flight sequences and "push the right button when indicated" parts...

no target locking (very stressing when fighting a adversary and cant follow his movement for blocking or attack)

bonus very...passable for what i got until now (pics, 3D models, 3 episodes of G1...)

transformation only when you perform a "zone blast" (a large attack for multiple target) and during flight sequences with starscream and road with sideways

no free roam since its linear action, very short game, graphics not better than the first movie game (maybe worse, i have to check that)

characters playable, alternatively, no separate campagn:

-Optimus
    -Ironhide
    -Bumblebee
    -Jetfire (one mission)
    -Optifire prime (2 fight)
    -Sideways
    -Starscream
    -Megatron

idem for MP, i dont know if we can unlock secret characters. (still i dont see optifire and jetfire in the character select menu, but i think its possible to have them since ou play with them in story mode)

and voila..for now i'm more disapointed than happy....

2. Grindor

Grindor Well-Known Member

I hope Arcee is an unlockable character i can so see a shanghei chase mission happening!

3. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This game sucks donkey ass. I don't play games so I picked this up thinking it would be the same as the 360/ps3 versions. But it is absolutely terrible. I wish I had my 30 bucks back.

No transforming.
    Sometimes the screen will move past an enemy and you can't go back and shoot them.
    Its easy even on hard.
    Graphics are awful looks like a ps1 game.

So disappointed. Must get 360.

4. Vampyr

News Credits:
    yes...a pure failure.

5. ManiactoaLaco

ManiactoaLaco Well-Known Member

Well, I need another $160 dollars and I can buy a 360..

And then there's the game..

Ah screw, Im not gonna even bother.

But can you fight Devastator? Can you choose who you play as? Is there that aircraft carrier mission? Do you fight THe Fallen?

I really don't want to have buy a 360 just for this game, but the multiplayer, and better game....

MTL

6. Vampyr

News Credits:
    avoid this game if you have to pay for it, that's all.

(yes you fight devas, you can only choose your character in 2 player mode, yes ou fight the fallen (if we can call that a fight....) )

7. tehKOREANdude

tehKOREANdude inimitable, original

News Credits:
    for any of you guys that are curious. the wii version is exactly the same

8. ManiactoaLaco

Thanks man. And the "if we can call that a fight..." part sccares me a little. How bad is two-player mode? Can you fight each other in it? Or do you just battle endless amounts of drones..

MTL

9. arcee3

arcee3 Well-Known Member

Is it true you can't even transform in the game? I would say to buy the 360 game if at all possible. It's MILES better than the first, and a pretty damn fun game as well. You get more playable characters, you can choose who you play as, the boss battles are awesome, there's free roam, the graphics are amazing. I wouldn't necessarily buy a 360 just for the game, but if it comes in a bundle with the console, definately get it. Also, there are plenty of 360 games for pretty cheap you can get that are worth the price of the console.

10. Vampyr

News Credits:
    2 player mode is a joke....really, in fact:

each player choose a character (6 different for now), after that you choose a battlefield (3 different for what i got now) and the goal is to destroy drones after drones...no fight beetween player, just against drones, the final score and statistics choose the winner...

to arcee3: you cannot transform and use vehicule mode in most of the game, (just quick transformation for hyper attack), the onl part you can transform and cruise in alt mode are the flight part with starscream and the road with sideways

11. TFareCool

TFareCool TFW's Camera Guy

News Credits:
    aww maaaaaaaaan..... i thought this game would be about like the 1st one, with improved stuff, but it sucks this bad....

well i guess i just saved some money but now i feel depressed :(  darn it.

and i cannot afford a 360, especially since i only game 3 times a week for 1/2 an hour (in the summer no school.)

dammit!

12. arcee3

arcee3 Well-Known Member

Most of the game is in vehicle mode?! :O That's terrible. So it's basically a game about fighting cars who just happen to be robots every now and then. I'm really sorry. I wonder why they downgraded from the first game? Yeah, it was a pretty bad game, but at least you could transform!

13. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Wow, this game is an absolute pile of steaming hot goat shit.

'Nuff said.

14. Vampyr

News Credits:
    No, ou misunderstanding (right word?) i mean you are in robot mode most of the game, and cannot transform exept for perform a hyper attack and during starscream's flight sessions and sideways's road trip

15. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    *plays game some more*

This game is so bad, it actually BEGS to be reviewed by AVGN.

16. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    So.....wait....unlike other versions of this very game, you can't transform as often? There isn't a button/trigger that you can press and hold down to transform and cruise around in alt-mode with? (take Bumblebee for example, like in the demo vids we've seen). Also, is the multi-player online only? or does it have a REAL multi-player option? (aka where you can sit down and play with/against someone in the same room, and on only one PS2).

May not be getting this game after all, as it sounds as though it's worse than the first movie's game.

17. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nope. Its crap. I couldn't believe it when I started playing it. I'm gonna play it the rest of the way through and then it goes to Gamestop...

18. Icetron

Icetron Well-Known Member

It looks worse than the first game. The gameplay is kinda crappy and no target-locking is annoying, but for some reason I kind of like it. I think it must be because I haven't touched my PS2 for so long. OR maybe it's because I didn't have to pay for it. :rolleyes: 

19. myhobby

myhobby ArigatouArigatouArigatou-

actually, there is no online multiplayer.
    multiplayer just requires 1 ps2/wii and 2 controllers.

and really, the multiplayer is probably the best part of the game.
    each player chooses 1 of 6 transformers (3 bots, 3 cons.) and help each other blast through unending waves of enemies.
    not hard at all, considering the fact that your health and energy are refilled at the start of each round.

the in-story co-op isn't all that great. the 2nd player is pretty much just a gun turret that follows player 1 around.

20. ManiactoaLaco

Really, the first one actually looks GREAT compared to this.
    And I so wanted fight my brother on this. But noo, letsforget how much fun that would be.

Stupid game designers always put so much work on the 360 and PS3 versions...

Al well, I have the Armada and first game! And the DS one!

Hoohah!

MTL